I understand and appreciate Rob Helms's point with this thread. It ended up being 8 pages long so though it may have had narrower participation and following it's just my view it was worthwhile. Just yesterday as a complete novice I was able to fairly quickly create an audio backing track for my song.

And it was really useful too as a resource for what the VST's shortcomings are and why maybe it's just simpler to use the stand alone BIAB program and export that to Reaper.

And though at times folks mentioned other products that seemed to hijack the thread's purpose I did appreciate guys mentioning those other products since I'm a neophyte to computer DAW music production and those mentions helped me with some interesting directions to consider.

That doesn't mean I'll be abandoning BIAB. I find it great for quickly creating a practice backing track for whatever song I'm either creating or wanting to learn. It seems every program has it's strengths .

On the other hand I think I also realized I'm probably good with whatever I've already acquired form the makers of BIAB since they hardly participated at all in responding to this thread plus for my purposes BIAB is good enough as of my 2022 version

Last edited by NeilES; 02/22/24 04:54 PM.