Page 1 of 2 1 2
#808768 04/29/24 12:59 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Transition

The title transition is based on how this song originated to how it was finished. On 4/7 BobH and I were jamming to a low volume click track. Consequently we varied the temp. Also there were gaps in our playing and the tone of Bob's guitar was very trebly. No matter what I did I could not get the timing perfect, even with Melodyne, or vary the guitar tone to our satisfaction, thus we decide to junk it. A couple weeks later I had the idea to convert Bob's guitar audio track to MIDI as you all know I work better in MIDI than audio. In MIDI I corrected that tempo, eliminated the gaps, and either rewrote or copy and pasted a couple of small parts of Bob's guitar track to what you hear now, hence the title Transition. I added the backing tracks and jammed along using my Squire P-Bass and my Xaviere 335 guitar.

BiaB Style - Bushwick MIDI sw-16 Smooth Funk
Tempo - 120 BPM
I deleted the bass.
Utility track - Keys of the 70's - Stage Mark 73 full
Piano - Keys of the 70's - Stage Mark 73 full and Lounge Lizard - tine based - Dark 1
Guitar - Kontakt - Celesta
Drums - various Kontakt Steven slate's SSD-5 drums
Bob's guitar track - UVI Workstation - Jazz Guitar sterio.

Last edited by MarioD; 04/29/24 01:01 PM.

I just posted a selfie and all of the responses were get well soon!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
MarioD #808773 04/29/24 02:41 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Mario,

This sounds great. Everything is seamless. A very successful "transition". smile

Excellent in every way!

Bob

rsdean #808793 04/29/24 04:16 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by rsdean
Mario,

This sounds great. Everything is seamless. A very successful "transition". smile

Excellent in every way!

Bob

Thanx so much Bob!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
MarioD #808825 04/30/24 03:57 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Ha! Great job of salvaging a musical idea and performance. I'd NEVER be patient enough (or skilled enough) for that. Super song, Mario. Everything sounds great and the journey it took to get it done is completely transparent to the listener. You guys just ooze music (but not in a gross way). Enjoyed!

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
DC Ron #808833 04/30/24 05:46 AM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Ha! Great job of salvaging a musical idea and performance. I'd NEVER be patient enough (or skilled enough) for that. Super song, Mario. Everything sounds great and the journey it took to get it done is completely transparent to the listener. You guys just ooze music (but not in a gross way). Enjoyed!

Thanx Ron. Yes the only reason I saved this song was because of Bob's rhythm track. I'm glad it came out transparent to the listener as that was my main goal.

PS - I'm sure YOU could do it also if you wanted to learn how to do it.

MarioD #808836 04/30/24 06:17 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Yeow, what another cool Sunday jam with you and Bob, and what a crafty collection of corrections. I listened a few times to try to detecty your MIDI work. Seamless. No visible stitches from the musical surgeon. Much enjoyed, Mario.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
MarioD #808871 04/30/24 11:18 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Cool Jam ... nice !!!

Elliott Kayne
elliottkayne@gmail.com
https://www.reverbnation.com/kaynemusic
https://www.facebook.com/ekayne

Health, Wealth, Family, Faith, Friends, and Fun

BabuMusic #808877 04/30/24 11:24 AM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Yeow, what another cool Sunday jam with you and Bob, and what a crafty collection of corrections. I listened a few times to try to detecty your MIDI work. Seamless. No visible stitches from the musical surgeon. Much enjoyed, Mario.

Thanx Marty, I'm glad you like our little jams.

Originally Posted by Elliott Kayne
Cool Jam ... nice !!!

Thanx Elliott.

MarioD #808900 04/30/24 01:48 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I certainly wouldn't have the patience to do that (I'm more of a throw everything away and start over kind of guy), but you did a really good job.
Nice!

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
MarioD #808905 04/30/24 04:34 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice jam session Mario and Bob!
Cool sounding production!
I like how you just let it roll and whatever happens, happens!
Take care, TB

B.D.Thomas #808917 04/30/24 05:20 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
I certainly wouldn't have the patience to do that (I'm more of a throw everything away and start over kind of guy), but you did a really good job.
Nice!

Brian, if you are going deep into BiaB then you have the patience to do it! Note I don't have the patience to go deep into BiaB!

Thanx for listening.

Torrey Bliss #808918 04/30/24 05:27 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Torrey Bliss
Nice jam session Mario and Bob!
Cool sounding production!
I like how you just let it roll and whatever happens, happens!
Take care, TB

Thanx Torrey. I am a firm believer that first time recordings are the best. Sometimes you can correct a few bad oops and sometimes you can let a minor oop slide through. I was never a believer of making many tracks and cutting and pasting to make a good one. I am not knocking those that do that it is just not my style; I'll take an emotional track with a wart or two over a super polished technically correct track that lacks emotion. Note that some can cut and paste an emotional track but not me as I get bored if I have to play the same line over and over and over.

MarioD #808923 04/30/24 07:33 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hi, Mario.

Smacky drums! If you hadn't said you MIDIfied the guitar, I'd never have guessed.

Nice jam! smile

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
dcuny #808959 05/01/24 05:46 AM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Mario.

Smacky drums! If you hadn't said you MIDIfied the guitar, I'd never have guessed.

Nice jam! smile

Thanx David. In the past I have MIDIfied guitar tracks to add an instrument to the audio guitar track; instruments like a zither, music box, marimba, and vibes work well. This is the first time I have replaced a recorded audio track with MIDI, that is with the exception of converting RTs to MIDI, something I rarely have to do now.

MarioD #808973 05/01/24 08:12 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Jammin'
Sounds like a bar band getting lost in a sound check that was too good to stop...
...because it's all about the music.

smile

fj

MarioD #808981 05/01/24 09:05 AM
User Showcase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Turned out nicely. Sounds like you put a lot of work into this one. Good job.

floyd jane #808989 05/01/24 09:57 AM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Jammin'
Sounds like a bar band getting lost in a sound check that was too good to stop...
...because it's all about the music.

smile

fj

Thanx Floyd, that is a very good description of the jam.

Originally Posted by gman97040
Turned out nicely. Sounds like you put a lot of work into this one. Good job.

Thanx gman. Yes I did do a lot of work in this one, a lot more than I normally do.

MarioD #809121 05/02/24 01:52 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The drums are what jumped out to me on this one.
Great jam.

Last edited by Bass Thumper; 05/02/24 04:58 PM.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
Bass Thumper #809129 05/02/24 04:33 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Bass Thumper
The dums are what jumped out to me on this one.
Great jam.

Thanx Steve. I liked that drum track also.

PS - I hope you meant drums wink

MarioD #809130 05/02/24 05:00 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by MarioD
Thanx Steve. I liked that drum track also.

PS - I hope you meant drums wink

Oooops! I guess I was the one who was "dums" smile

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,775
Posts737,259
Members38,579
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Myra Millan, Nickolas, philou33, Elvis Nash, randy gollard
38,579 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 186