Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#793145 01/01/24 09:08 PM
Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Install Pre-Release SWS Extensions https://www.sws-extension.org/download/pre-release/

Code
file1 = "E:\\bb\\RealTracks\\Bass, Electric, BritInvasion Ev 120\\BS1691.wma"

wma_source1 = reaper.PCM_Source_CreateFromFile(file1)

track1 = reaper.CF_CreatePreview(wma_source1)

reaper.CF_Preview_SetValue(track1, "D_VOLUME", 1)

reaper.CF_Preview_SetValue(track1, "D_POSITION", 4)

reaper.CF_Preview_SetValue(track1, "D_PITCH", 2)

reaper.CF_Preview_SetValue(track1, "D_PLAYRATE", 1)

reaper.CF_Preview_SetValue(track1, "B_PPITCH", 1)

reaper.CF_Preview_Play(track1)

retval, current_pos  = reaper.CF_Preview_GetValue(track1, "D_POSITION")

This should work to play the sections the same way I demonstrated with a Video Here It's the same now how the Plugin inserts all the sections and Reaper plays them back yet it will be using the source files direct without loading into a Reaper track, you will have virtual tracks.

So you load all the track data for the chosen style,
When a chord is entered it will look for a chord section for each track from a source file,
The CF_Preview_GetValue(track1, "D_POSITION") will get the current play position in the file until that chord ends
it will then play another section with the same chord or until user changes chords.
You can reaper.CF_Preview_Stop(track1)
or reaper.CF_Preview_StopAll()

I used defer:
reaper.defer(function)

Adds code to be called back by REAPER. Used to create persistent ReaScripts that continue to run and respond to input, while the user does other tasks. Identical to runloop().
Note that no undo point will be automatically created when the script finishes, unless you create it explicitly.

You can try it this way using the Reaper C++ API and later you maybe able to get the BBvst to do it all allowing the BBPluginStandalone to be used ?

https://www.extremraym.com/cloud/reascript-doc/#CF_CreatePreview

https://www.extremraym.com/cloud/reascript-doc/
search CF_Preview

Code
The preview object is automatically destroyed at the end of a defer cycle if at least one of these conditions are met:
- playback finished
- playback was not started using CF_Preview_Play
- the output track no longer exists)", },
	{ APIFUNC(CF_Preview_GetValue), "bool", "CF_Preview*,const char*,double*", "preview,name,valueOut", R"(Supported attributes:
B_LOOP         seek to the beginning when reaching the end of the source
B_PPITCH       preserve pitch when changing playback rate
D_FADEINLEN    lenght in seconds of playback fade in
D_FADEOUTLEN   lenght in seconds of playback fade out
D_LENGTH       (read only) length of the source * playback rate
D_MEASUREALIGN >0 = wait until the next bar before starting playback (note: this causes playback to silently continue when project is paused and previewing through a track)
D_PAN          playback pan
D_PITCH        pitch adjustment in semitones
D_PLAYRATE     playback rate
D_POSITION     current playback position
D_VOLUME       playback volume
I_OUTCHAN      first hardware output channel (&1024=mono, reads -1 when playing through a track, see CF_Preview_SetOutputTrack)
I_PITCHMODE    highest 16 bits=pitch shift mode (see EnumPitchShiftModes), lower 16 bits=pitch shift submode (see EnumPitchShiftSubModes))", },
	{ APIFUNC(CF_Preview_GetPeak), "bool", "CF_Preview*,int,double*", "preview,channel,peakvolOut", "Read peak volume for channel 0 or 1. Only available when outputting to a hardware output (not through a track).", },
	{ APIFUNC(CF_Preview_SetValue), "bool", "CF_Preview*,const char*,double", "preview,name,newValue", "See CF_Preview_GetValue.", },
	{ APIFUNC(CF_Preview_SetOutputTrack), "bool", "CF_Preview*,ReaProject*,MediaTrack*", "preview,project,track", "", },
	{ APIFUNC(CF_Preview_Play), "bool", "CF_Preview*", "preview", "Start playback of the configured preview object.", },
	{ APIFUNC(CF_Preview_Stop), "bool", "CF_Preview*", "preview", "Stop and destroy a preview object.", },
	{ APIFUNC(CF_Preview_StopAll), "void", "", "", "Stop and destroy all currently active preview objects.", },

{ NULL, } // denote end of table
};

Last edited by musocity; 01/01/24 11:24 PM.
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Using the D_FADEINLEN & D_FADEOUTLEN you can get it seamless to loop the same section or play into a new section.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Live-Arranger-CF_Preview-3.mp4
This just works and I don't know how to get it not to work ?

This is the recorded video of the script CF_Preview_Play Bass and Drums from above syncing to the original track sections
[Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Jim Fogle
Musocity, the above is one of the best tip descriptions you have made. Great visual step-by-step instructions.
That's from another post but I will try and do a simplified easy to understand version here.

When you choose a Style in Biab and generate it will read all the XT2 ST2 files for the RTs in that Style from the Soloists folder.
These contain all the solo and chord data for the RC, SMT & RT source files in the RealTracks folder.

The Live Arranger will work the same way, you set the Style, tempo and Key, you can also change these during the performance with keyswitches from the presets (Style Key Tempo),
when the user inputs a C chord and is in the Play Mode it will scan the data for a C chord section in the source files and start playing the file from the position "value" of the C chord in the source file, when the bars of that chord have played out it will have another from another section of the files lined up to play.
reaper.CF_Preview_SetValue(track1, "D_POSITION", 4)

If the source file is transposed 2 semitones
reaper.CF_Preview_SetValue(track1, "D_PITCH", 2)

If the source file bpm is 110 and it needs to playback @ 120 then the playrate is changed
reaper.CF_Preview_SetValue(track1, "D_PLAYRATE", 1.090909)

Once the values are set that file section is played
reaper.CF_Preview_Play(track1)

It's doing this at the same time for each track in the Style as I showed in the video above playing different sections with the Bass and Drums.

So as the user changes a chord it will instantly play all tracks from their required section from within the RT source files.
The Drums will follow the part A or B inputted by the user, this will say whether to play an A or B or A ending or B ending section of a RT.

I could make this all up myself to use Biab RTs RDs with Reaper but I would have to map out all the RTs to chord data file.
I would rather see PG do this as they already have all this data mapped out in the XT2 ST2.
Reaper will playback the Win Mac compressed formats wma & m4a the same with the BBPlugin now works in Reaper playing the source files direct.

Please post any feedback how you think it should work and any keyswitches you think it would need to perform Live.
I don't play keyboard, I'm not a musician so I'm at a lost to know exactly what you would need ?

This is an old one I made for Reaper that used the existing track regions to access different chord sections :

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Here's some info from a wishlist post.

Originally Posted by Ryan_R
Random arranger keyboard video for reference:

You can see right hand obviously plays a melody with a pre-selected instrument patch. A style is pre-selected on the keyboard for the accompaniment (similar to how we audition and select styles in BB). The keyboard has a row of buttons to start/stop the accompaniment, to switch between A/B/C/D variations, to increase/decrease tempo, and there may also be special Intro/Outro variations (with predefined chords based on a key) and drum fills that can be triggered and well as rests.

To recreate a similar set of features, it could either be built somewhere into BB or perhaps as a standalone app.

Before live playing, the following settings could be adjusted:
* Tempo
* Select style (existing BB popup window)
* Mixer (solo/mute/select track/erase track - reuse from BB)
* Choose instrument (MIDI patch or an external plugin such as Komplete or Arturia V-Collection or Spitfire)
* Choose split point (which is the lowest note that will play a note instead of being recognized as a chord)

Prominent buttons in the interface which can be clicked and linked to computer keyboard shortcuts and also MIDI controller buttons (CC mapping)

Buttons and possible keyboard shortcuts:
* Tempo Up (A) / Down (Z) / Default Recommended Tempo for style (Q or A+Z together)
* Play/Pause (SPACE)
* Drum Fill (X)
* Variation A (1) / B (2) / C (3) / D (4), etc where applicable for multi-styles
* Bass vol increment (D) / decrement (C)
* Piano vol increment (F) / decrement (V)
* Drums vol increment (G) / decrement (B)
* Strings vol increment (H) / decrement (N)
* Guitar vol increment (J) / decrement (M)

Don't read into the keyboard shortcut letters too much, it's more about their relative positions next to each other (i.e. A + Z, D + C are like Up/Down buttons).

Perhaps before playing live, users must click a Generate button after selecting a new style. This could generate various temporary WAV files for each real track with every possible chord and variation. Percussive tracks would of course be easier/different. When playing live and you press G+C+E keys on the left side of your MIDI (musical) keyboard, the program would intelligently find the pre-generated section for each real track for the current variation where a C/G and play that instantly (at the next 16th of a bar, now possible with BB 2022).

Inspiration for other features/settings could come from analyzing Yamaha/Roland keyboards further. If this were a separate feature I'd honestly pay a one-time extra $40 or $50 for it.

If PG-Music wishes, I could mock up a simple UI design for it.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks to Icelander for keeping us updated on this
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=735024&page=all
EVENT
http://www.ketronmusic.co.uk/products/Ketron/arranger_keyboards/EVENT.html
US$5000 !!

"We did not stop until we reached the highest quality standards, so that cutting-edge technology could also
generate the most realistic sounds.

The result of our hard and passionate work is EVENT: try it out and experience what it means to play
accompanied by a full band of real musicians."

Biab
UltraPAK+ US$569
Audiophile US$669

J
PG Music Developer
PG Music Developer
J
Doesn't the Conductor Window in BBW already let you go to specific sections during playback by pressing buttons? (and the transitions in BBW seem smooth if setting the "Mode (when to do action)" properly).

Last edited by Jeff Yankauer; 01/04/24 05:36 PM.

Jeff Yankauer
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I could never get that to work with QWERTY or the midi keyboard input, the GoTo Section works but that's jerky.
If it works seamlessly like Reaper's smooth seek you could use the Midi Chord Input detection (Windows > MIDI Chord Detection)
to go to any chord section but having only 255 bars, chords and variations would be limited when you first generate up.
That's why with userstracks you need more SGUs to give variation because of the 255 limit.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
This is a post by the creator cfillion
Use a section source to specify playback start/end time or reverse:
Code
local source  = reaper.PCM_Source_CreateFromFile(file)
local section = reaper.PCM_Source_CreateFromType('SECTION')
reaper.CF_PCM_Source_SetSectionInfo(section, source, ...)
reaper.PCM_Source_Destroy(source)
local preview = reaper.CF_CreatePreview(section)
reaper.PCM_Source_Destroy(section)

reaper.CF_Preview_SetOutputTrack(preview, nil, track)
reaper.CF_Preview_Play(preview) -- after configuring the preview
reaper.CF_PCM_Source_SetSectionInfo(PCM_source section, PCM_source source, number offset, number length, boolean reverse)

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
This demo script showcases the entire preview API: https://gist.github.com/cfillion/7718bd7d3566a94c308ca7a5fdee8105
right click Save Link/Target As: sws_preview_test.lua
EDIT: you need the ImGui for that script via Reapack
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=250419
EDIT: also install Reapack > Browse packages.. in Filter paste js_ReaScriptAPI
right click > Install > Apply
for reaper.JS_Dialog_BrowseForOpenFiles

more here

Last edited by musocity; 01/07/24 09:55 PM.
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
In the demo script it will load the 1 wma from the RT source files and instantly seek to any chord within it, this just seems to be making things so easy for you thanks to Christian Fillion a fellow Canadian.

J
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
J
Very interesting. Thank you for your creative and hard work.

Is it possible to do a version for Studio One users?

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
It's very hard to get any information on Studio One scripting. If you can ask in the Presonus forums you might find someone with information that can help, as here: Studio One Section Transfer

You have the Arranger Mode and you have midi chord input detection so creating a script to go to a section (chord) when you input a chord should be possible in Studio One as I have demonstrated in this Reaper Video.
You could just use the BBPlugin/s in S1 to generate up all the chord sections you will be using that will correspond to the arranger sections. You can set the arranger sections to Loop so the chord keeps playing until you change chords. Two or more BBPlugin can be used to get more material/chords as you can set Plugin 2 to start on another bar over the 255 limit. When they get the RT source tracks playing direct in the BBPlugin this will be very quick to do. So yes I think post this in the Presonus forum an see if anyone comes back with scripting info on how this may be accomplished. Lawrence used to be the goto guy but I don't see him around anymore.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
This also allows the BBPlugin to play back the "Bass - 1255 Bass, Electric, PopShiningA-B Ev 120.di" track files direct inside the Plugin and follow any varying tempo map as in the demo script you can seek instantly and change the playback rate on the fly.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
For the ReaImGUI
Install reapack.com/ > In Reaper menu Extensions > Reapack > Browse packages.. in Filter paste js_ReaScriptAPI
right click > Install > Apply
for reaper.JS_Dialog_BrowseForOpenFiles

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Using Reaper will allow you to track out the Live Arranger session if need be, that let's you keep arrangements/progression/ideas you come up with on the fly rather than having to type chords in, generate and try.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
From the main Biab forum:
Originally Posted by musocity
Originally Posted by PeterGannon
Thanks! We are also still working on direct-play for the plugin, which would be a big step for the plugin (all DAWS including Reaper). The Live Arranger idea is great, and hopefully applicable to many DAWS.
That will be good if you get the files playing direct inside the plugin, this allowing the plugin to work as a Live Arranger also and being able to record the track's data that was played and then playback or send/transfer/render into the DAW if need be.

Expert
Expert
I noticed in some of the videos, some apparent 'glitches' in the sound. Do you know if these are artifacts of the faster generation and arranger behaviour, or if they're glitches in the recording?

Are you aware of any hardware controller for managing the arranger, that could be set up similar to the main live controls of arranger keyboards? If not, do you think there may be some mileage in creating one? Electronics and software are my game, so I wonder if there's an opportunity to produce something, though at my age I'd need to think how such a thing might live on beyond me.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
In the Reaper Arranger video it had glitches from screen recording software and trying to capture the video and audio at the same time with the onboard audio device as well as too many other things running at the time, if you try Reaper with the BBPlugin and smooth seek enabled in the prefs/audio/seeking while you play Reaper back with the BBPlugin following then click on another bar and it will go there smoothly.
The Arranger script I made simply works by reading the midi chord input and going to a random chord region of the selected color and loop it until another chord is entered it will then to that chord/color region.
You can set smooth seek to change on next marker or next bar/s.
You should try out the smooth seek using the BBPlugin and you will see how well it works you won't get any glitches.
Just generate up all the chords you need 4 or more bars long for each chord.
If you use 2 BBPlugins you can have all the blue and blue ending in BBPlugin 1 and all the green and green ending in BBPlugin 2 and Plugin 2 is set to sync start on the bar after BBPlugin 1 ends.
You can drag the C7 out into Reaper to get the chord markers, drag the BBPlugin 1 C7 to first bar and BBPlugin 2 C7 to where it starts.

That new RT RD Ketron Event keyboard uses an OS as it has an SSD in it, could be a damn small linux ?

Expert
Expert
In the Reaper Arranger video it had glitches from screen recording software and trying to capture the video and audio
That's as I'd expected. I doubted you were tolerating the glitches in real use. I must find some time to have a go. I think I would find it useful.

That new RT RD Ketron Event keyboard uses an OS as it has an SSD in it, could be a damn small linux ?
It could well be, though there are also true RTOSs out there that might be better still for the job.

I have a photo of the insides of the EventX and it has a processor module and a second board pick-a-backed onto a larger board. The CPU board looks like one of these: +++ here +++

There's are some fairly large chips on the other daughter board, possibly a DSP and some RAM. Most other stuff looks like I/O. There's a 240GB SSD drive in the one I saw. One big PCB for the front panel, likely with a bought-in display stuck on it.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Blake - PG Music 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,776
Posts737,264
Members38,581
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Harlow Davis, limelitevibe, Myra Millan, Nickolas, philou33
38,581 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 186