Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Creep B.D.Thomas 40 minutes ago Forum: I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by rsdean
Yeah, that's a great cover of that song... So well arranged and mixed. The Synth V vocal is superb. Bob
Thanks Bob! Of course, it's a little easier if the original song is already fantastic. Not even I can make a mess of it.
Replies 9 Views 294 Read More
Transition MarioD 42 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Transition The title transition is based on how this song originated to how it was finished. On 4/7 BobH and I were jamming to a low volume click track. Consequently we varied the temp. Also there were gaps in our playing and the tone of Bob's guitar was very trebly. No matter what I did I could not get the timing perfect, even with Melodyne, or vary the guitar tone to our satisfaction, thus we decide to junk it. A couple weeks later I had the idea to convert Bob's guitar audio track to MIDI as you all know I work better in MIDI than audio. In MIDI I corrected that tempo, eliminated the gaps, and either rewrote or copy and pasted a couple of small parts of Bob's guitar track to what you hear now, hence the title Transition. I added the backing tracks and jammed along using my Squire P-Bass and my Xaviere 335 guitar. BiaB Style - Bushwick MIDI sw-16 Smooth Funk Tempo - 120 BPM I deleted the bass. Utility track - Keys of the 70's - Stage Mark 73 full Piano - Keys of the 70's - Stage Mark 73 full and Lounge Lizard - tine based - Dark 1 Guitar - Kontakt - Celesta Drums - various Kontakt Steven slate's SSD-5 drums Bob's guitar track - UVI Workstation - Jazz Guitar sterio.
Replies 0 Views 13 Read More
Re: Green Is So Much Greener Without Blue B.D.Thomas 47 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by jannesan
... Angry and/or brazen females seem to be your trademark, I don't have an idea what a psychiatrist would think of what's going on in your brain.
Simple: I am married to one grin
Originally Posted by jannesan
... but I like the concept laugh "Life is so much better without you/Green is so much greener without blue" is a very good slogan for emancipation. Good rock production, you have gained routine that works like charm. Strong catchy melody. And I have nothing to complain about work with Synth V voices, in your capable hands they work in a way that I don't have to think about the used technology, the delivery of the message is the only thing that counts and it is convincing and humanlike. Janne
Thanks Janne [Linked Image] Your last sentence is actually my goal, that nobody talks about the technical aspects of the vocals, but about the message of the song.
Replies 37 Views 1,430 Read More
Re: I'm Not Ready Janice & Bud 59 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
“I can't bear to have the future... just faded photographs a love too quickly buried with a needless epitaph” Nice! And what a rhyme. As you’ve noted Bill’s prosody is very good and then you match that to your rich vocals and poignant melody and arranging skills and voila, a lovely song is born. This may be an oldie from the earlier BiaB days but it is also a goodie! Great by all the measures. Enjoyed it! J&B
Replies 21 Views 441 Read More
Re: So Far Away Janice & Bud 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
“You’ve gone so far away (where to?) So far, that we can’t follow And even though we know we’ll see you again That doesn’t help our sorrow” Contemplative indeed. Well done with the write, vocals and production. Love those drums and the rhythm tracks grab you from the get go. Great collab and tribute to your departed friend, J&B
Replies 14 Views 147 Read More
Re: Ooh Ya Ya Janice & Bud 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Well done all around ... write, vocals and production. Great sax. Got just the right touch of Dr. John going there! J&B
Replies 18 Views 366 Read More
Re: BLACK HORSE Janice & Bud 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
This is a shining example of “less is more.” We love everything about it and can feel the movement of time in your story while listening. As with all your tunes there's no need to quote a favorite line. They are all worthy of quotes ... many quotes. And the imagery is priceless. Worthy of a film or series placement indeed. Nice session guys, fine vocals and an excellent mix. We’re very glad you got around to recording this one! J&B
Replies 18 Views 290 Read More
Re: FIND MY WAY BACK HOME Alexander Paul 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I like how strong the song starts! Good choice of instruments och nice melody as well.
Replies 9 Views 85 Read More
Re: So Far Away DC Ron 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Elliott Kayne
I really like the pulse of the Drums, the Mix, your vocals. The lyrics are great poetry. As a listener, I was anticipating a lift to a chorus ... but that did not happen. Otherwise great job!
Elliot, I'm a fan of going BIG on the chorus, but chose not to have a major lift here to maintain the meditative nature of the narrator's reflection. But a fair criticism. Glad you liked it otherwise!
Originally Posted by firesong
Ron...this is another really well done production in every aspect...DA is becoming one of my favorite singers on the forum and you always give us such a quality band to listen to....lyrically touching and poignant...yet upbeat at the same time...I feel like I'm supposed to say "I like the drums" also...my best...Dan
Ha! Those DRUMS again...:) Dusty's a gift, and I'm SO glad he's singing these songs. The lyrics were a gift, too. When I read them for the first time I swallowed hard, knowing I didn't want to mess them up. Glad you liked it, Dan!
Re: DREAM We can change the World firesong 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Elliott...Wow! great production all round....very Beatles-ish for sure....as an amateur working with AI voices I love listening to someone who does it right...and I know this takes a monumental effort and intensive amount of work...this is excellent!
Replies 10 Views 132 Read More
Re: So Far Away DC Ron 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Torrey Bliss
Ron The drums sound so mighty fine in here! You did a masterful job putting this track together! The vocal on this sounds really good also! Your songs I've heard recently all have a great consistant high qulity sound! Take care, TB
THANKS, Torrey! Man, your stuff sounds so great, it's a huge compliment to me when you think my stuff does. Glad you liked the tune!
Originally Posted by David Snyder
Really nice collab! That is a fine dynamic mix you got there bro! Did you use my parallel mastering trick?? Or did Andrew Scheps do it for you?? smile
Ha! No, this was just me and my cheap headphones. Unfortunately, this one was in the can before your post on parallel mastering. Will try it out on the next one though. Thanks, David!
Re: We Got It Right - Country ballad Guitarhacker 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Cool song. Do you know how long it's been since I've heard a song with whistling in it? The last one I can recall is Winds of Change by the Scorpions. Nice mellow song.
Replies 8 Views 74 Read More
Re: Why Andrew Scheps Mixes on Cheap Headphones Guitarhacker 2 hours ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I saw this video some time back...probably a few years now, and I decided to get those Sony MDR cans. My old ones where getting a bit thread bare and it seemed a reasonable purchase. I actually tend to use them the vast majority of the time when I'm mixing and even when I'm in the polishing up stage. I've posted the mixes here without telling anyone that it was mixed in cans and no one said anything about the mix. In fact, some of them we the ones I submitted to the local radio station for airplay on the local NC talent program. And yeah, they thought it was broadcast ready and played it. I'd been mixing in cans prior to getting the Sony's and on the cakewalk forums, if you admitted to mixing in cans it was like a metal rock guitarist admitting he liked listening to Brittany Spears. You just shouldn't do that. Listen to B Spears I mean. THAT is just wrong. I love mixing in those Sony MDR cans because it lets the dogs sleep peacefully while I work. And they sound really good too.
Replies 7 Views 132 Read More
Re: I Didn't Do It firesong 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Marty...one thing's for sure..."you did it" and there's no denying it....you (and Dave) created another fresh, interesting and fun song...I love the style of this one (acoustic based)....you're certainly right about Dave's seamless lead...it sounds like he sat down in the studio and played with the BiaB guys...I'm constantly amazed at the volume and quality of your lyrical skillset...sometimes I listen to the wit and cadence of your lyrics and think of Roger Miller...so good!
Replies 8 Views 96 Read More
Re: Now, come on, own up ... which one of you is the guitarist, here? ;-) Guitarhacker 2 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I was waiting for the bird to bust out with..." I got a little change in my pockets going jingle -lingle -ling......
Replies 6 Views 165 Read More
Re: Mike Pinder, RIP Guitarhacker 2 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
They certainly took music to a higher astral plane.
Replies 3 Views 84 Read More
Re: FIND MY WAY BACK HOME firesong 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Torrey...this is another stellar song from you and Ron....your vocal and instrumental mastery are shining through....I love the arrangement and nuances you've incorporated...the BGV's are "the best"....I love songs with the prodigal theme and feel...they are so redemptive and encouraging...a light to the path we sometimes find ourselves on...this theme crosses over so well...but I think I know who you're writing about. One nit: I think I agree with Nigel about the effect on the solo vocal...your vocals are always so clear and clean...that would be my preference here as well...IMHO.
Re: BLACK HORSE rsdean 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
BT, Thanks - much appreciated. Bob
Replies 18 Views 290 Read More
Re: I Didn't Do It B.D.Thomas 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Well, those guitarists... whenever they have a new toy, they start shredding.... Cool song, as I wrote over at YT, I like the fact that it's even bluesier than you normal blues, for whatever 'normal' is. But, Marty, you are guilty by unanimous consent (just look at all the comments). You did it! BTW, Dave, your guitar sounds really good, but I think that's more down to the player than the instrument. I can make ANY guitar sound bad smile
Replies 8 Views 96 Read More
Re: Ooh Ya Ya NigelSpiers 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi David, Glad you enjoyed the song. Best Regards Nigel
Replies 18 Views 366 Read More
Re: FIND MY WAY BACK HOME B.D.Thomas 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Excellent! Love the storytelling, the vocals, the instruments, the production... This short flute/synth/whateveritis solo is a VERY cool idea. Enjoyed the listen. A lot!
Re: So Far Away firesong 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ron...this is another really well done production in every aspect...DA is becoming one of my favorite singers on the forum and you always give us such a quality band to listen to....lyrically touching and poignant...yet upbeat at the same time...I feel like I'm supposed to say "I like the drums" also...my best...Dan
Re: We Got It Right - Country ballad B.D.Thomas 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Good song, good vocals, well produced. Everything as it should be. Welcome to the showcase, gman smile
Replies 8 Views 74 Read More
Re: There is a Savior firesong 3 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Dan, beautiful song, and expertly arranged and mixed, as usual. That five minutes flew by! You really do a great job combining the various instrument sources into a cohesive, glassy mix. David's points on the intro/interlude are worth consideration. Really like what you're doing using synths to build song ideas in the style you used to sing. Sounds to me like you've made a seamless transition, and each song sounds better than the last. Looking forward to many more!
Ron...thanks form your thoughts...I did shorten the intro...I really appreciate it when I get such comments...Dan
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Dan, The melody really caught my attention here. Beautiful. Nice work with "the voices". The piano is another standout. fj
Floyd...I always value your opinion...me and "the kids" are getting used to working together...I may adopt another one soon...thanks...Dan
Originally Posted by David Snyder
Dan, Beautiful song and production and great work with those synth voices!! smile
David...thanks for your comments...onward and upward! Dan
Replies 6 Views 103 Read More
Re: Scaler 2.0 Update Available Paj 3 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
. . . and don't forget, the 2.9 update is free for v2 users. The Plugin Boutique emails usually emphasize this but didn't seem to do so this time. The update is waiting for you in your Plugin Boutique account. Paj 8^)
Replies 160 Views 82,281 Read More
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,665
Posts735,600
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 162