Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: The Water and the Wine (w/Fresh Fire) rsdean 28 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dan, Love the folk-rock feel of this song... The vocals sound excellent (and Fresh Fire is such a cool name). Great tracks selection and an awesome mix really top this one off. Outstanding job! Bob
Replies 1 Views 21 Read More
Re: Hard To Say Goodbye firesong 33 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Peter and Leon...really well done production...I loved the vocals....the harmonies were cool...and the guitar work was stellar (of coarse!)...reminded me of the great rock tunes of the late 60's early 70's!
Replies 26 Views 530 Read More
Re: Sultry Sway firesong 39 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Marty (and Dave)...now that was some great gritty blues/rock! the riff that Dave puts in really really makes the song pop! (it will be immediately recognizable from this point on)...super mix and production...just a stellar track all round!
Replies 18 Views 387 Read More
anyone found how to do this edit shortcut in bb ? justanoldmuso 40 minutes ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
all. heres the situation... i'm doing this experimental song useing a modern hip hop style...gonna do a comedy rap for fun and useing modern sounds from pg content....ie step outside my rock comfort zone like i did with my only bluegrass song that people seem to like... in my sig. spread my wings as it were. so ive genned this modern drum track for rap BUT...i dislike the 'clap' sound...which is throughout the genned drum track. i found out how to delete one clap...and want to say to bb 'please remove every clap sound on this track..' after highlighting one clap. the prob is its very laborious to remove every clap in the track manually...and i just cant find any other way. any ideas ??...otherwise its gonna take ages to remove every clap sound in the genned track. am i missing something ?? happiness. om
Replies 0 Views 8 Read More
Re: The Funky Baron laurent4114 44 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thank you very much Scott. There are some great things to take in in Band in a Box. Laurent
Replies 21 Views 456 Read More
Re: A couple of things to read Guitarhacker 47 minutes ago Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I don't know the first book but I have a copy of This Business of Music by Shemel & Krasilovsky 4th Edition. Not sure if it's the same book as you're referring too. That is a book everyone who's serious about this business should have on their shelves and should have read at least once, to get a good understanding of the basic business practices in the music industry. It's handy to refer back to it on occasion as well. I actually had 2 copies at one time but gave one of my copies to a young musician who was asking me a lot of questions so I figured he would benefit from the book and I didn't need two copies on my shelf. I think This Business of Music is out of print now.
Replies 1 Views 37 Read More
Re: She told me she loved me laurent4114 48 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by WaoBand
Sad song, nicely produced, and great video.
.Thanks WaoBand. Yes, this is all very sad for these poor boys.
Replies 11 Views 68 Read More
Re: WAVED GOODBYE firesong 49 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Bob...that was gentle on my mind (to quote Glenn)...great story telling! very engaging and peaceful...I loved the synth flutes...they added a gentle, ethereal feeling...super writing as usual...some old songs need to age like fine wine before you pop the cork on them...very nice!
Replies 10 Views 68 Read More
Re: Flight of the Heart musician17 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
David C: for what it's worth, I think you're (mostly wink ) right. It's not my best work, this one. And yes, there is a particularly bad chord progression at some point, during it (where it goes unxpectedly into D major again), where I think I just wrote down the wrong chord, full stop. So ... this will go under the: "experiments" folder, for now, until I deal with it, at least. It has potential, and I disagree that a melody is always needed, but this one does need a little more crafting, as you say - that much, I agree with smile Thanks for your honest and perceptive comments smile Marty: you're kind. Extremely kind smile Thank you so much. As I wrote above, to David, I was more or less experimenting with this one, and it shows. But ... the next one, which I hope to post soon, will hopefully be a different matter, haha. Not saying more, for now, in case I jinx it, haha, but ... let's see smile Thanks so much, once more! P.S. I've just noticed your kind comment on YouTube, Marty ... thank you, and shhhh!!! haha smile That one will be ready for posting, soon ... as soon as I add some more reverb on the trumpet, perhaps? smile
Replies 10 Views 121 Read More
Re: a simple guide to auditioning styles on a current song MoultiPass 2 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
This is one of the many new features for 2024. Is it good? Is this bad? In any case you can't do what you describe: if you audition other styles on your piece with the double click option, it's lost. We talked about it a lot in December 23. So your memory is good but it's Biab who changed.
Replies 2 Views 62 Read More
Re: the "D" song BabuMusic 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
"even failure is a valuable lesson in itself" Well said, Izzy. Now, I have to ask what is it you don't like in this? Did you ever spend way too much time mixing only to give it up figuring it will never be right, and then listen the next day and deem in perfect? This would be the time for that. I really like the song AND the way you produced it. I love the opening, the whole band, the dynamics, the harmony and the vocals, and that very catchy hook.
Replies 7 Views 116 Read More
Re: The Wind BabuMusic 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ah, come on, Hans. Tell us of how Marijke fell in love with you after hearing this one. You are right now vacationing near the same baguette point where you borrowed a guitar and first sang this wonderful song for passers-by to enjoy. Thanks for letting me fill the bass track. It was one of those songs where I could move my smiling head from side to side and feel the wind dance on my face.
Replies 13 Views 194 Read More
Re: That Man firesong 3 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Floyd...just a gorgeous, thoughtful and well delivered song...I love your piano and string work...man that piano sounds exquisite...well played and a super tone as well as the strings and when they're joined by that baritone electric, fiddle and cello...well you've created a beautiful palate for another one of your stellar lyrical and melodic creations...just beautiful man!
Replies 16 Views 252 Read More
Re: Victory For Viktor firesong 3 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Steve...a very moving piece of music and tribute to the valiant innocent of the holocaust...may we never forget...love the cello and the emotional angst it creates with those powerful sound tracks at the beginning...the movement is thought provoking the production is very well done...thanks for posting this lovely yet haunting tribute!
Replies 37 Views 863 Read More
Logic Pro 11 for Mac and Logic Pro 2 for IPad released mrgeeze 3 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
A new version is of Logic Pro is available for both the Mac and IPad. It delivers on some new features that backing track creators may find useful. It’s clear AAPL is aware of the features BIAB currently delivers. The Logic Forum is abuzz with lovers and haters alike (sound familiar) but there is some useful info in between all the noise. I like this guy’s work. He’s got a 30 minute Logic 11 features video found here :
Can’t provide any real info on it working with BIAB . I’m on travel for a while and limited to IPAD version only. it’s feature rich but the UI differences at first seem daunting. There’s no ability to use BIAB with the IOS version either. Bummer. Kind of wish I had carried the old MacBook Pro.
Replies 0 Views 24 Read More
Re: Suddenly ASIO and WAS stop producing audio output, only MME does! Melody_Maker 6 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Roland S
I noticed the same kind of behaviour with the plugin. Biab Standalone seems to work normal. Not sure where exactly it comes from, but the plugin generates .wav files with size but without content in the folder \bb\plugin\saved tracks. Recently I had updates on my RME UFX windows audio driver, a Samplitude X8 and a Biab update including biab plugin update to version 6.1.8. I doubt that it has something to do with the RME driver or Samplitude, as the behaviour with Samplitude X7 is the same and it had been working in the past.
Hi Roland, Thank you for your feedback. Actually I'm having the problem with the standalone version and my 'BB plugin\saved tracks' is empty. Anyway, your gear and software being similar to mine that could give a clue to the bug busters:)
Replies 15 Views 171 Read More
Re: Cave Man dcuny 11 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Dewey. Excellent clever write, well sung, good backing track. I like what's happening in the song, and all the elements are there, but for some reason I'm not feeling it. Maybe it's the drums lacking punch? Or maybe I'm coming down with a cold, or it's just late. laugh Anyway, really nice work with this, as usual.
Replies 8 Views 86 Read More
Re: Zuzu Two Too dcuny 11 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Chay. Different day, different instrumentalists. wink But still a pleasant listen. I agree with floyd about the drums.
Replies 15 Views 107 Read More
Re: Grain of sand dcuny 11 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Christian. Fun song. smile
Replies 1 Views 19 Read More
Re: Wanting Less dcuny 12 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Elvis. Both songs you've posted are well done. But... do you use BiaB? Asking for a friend. wink
Replies 1 Views 27 Read More
Re: Prayer Wheels - Spirit Level - aka Robert C and Scott C Scott C 14 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Dan, Dave, Marty, Laurent, Floyd, Peter, David, Janice and Bud for checking out the song. This was a very special song for Robert. Really glad you liked it..
Replies 21 Views 484 Read More
Re: I'll Keep Holding On Ezekiel's Storm Yesterday at 11:50 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Killer composition. Big sound from the band and Ray's contribution is notable. Strong, strong vocal. I love this song!
Replies 22 Views 535 Read More
Re: Ooh Ya Ya NigelSpiers Yesterday at 11:49 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Hans, So glad you enjoyed the song and thanks for all your kind comments. Best Regards Nigel
Replies 29 Views 740 Read More
Re: NO REVOLUTION Ezekiel's Storm Yesterday at 11:44 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Poetry set to music! Ace lyrics that are felt in the heart. Piano and organ base sounds good.
Replies 37 Views 761 Read More
Re: How to remove the VST in the list ? Vincente Yesterday at 11:29 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Found the file to edit/remove the duplicated vts plug-in. Here's how: Edit the Plugin_list_MIDI_x64.txt under the x:\BB\DX Settings Remove the duplicated vts plug-in Save the Plugin_list_MIDI_x64.txt
Replies 1 Views 35 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,779
Posts737,286
Members38,581
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Harlow Davis, limelitevibe, Myra Millan, Nickolas, philou33
38,581 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185