Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Walk Them Blues Away rayc 56 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Well done. Walking blues was 2nd cab of the rank for me when I took up bass. 1st cab was just pedaling on the root and playing the changes. Next was the classic walking 12 bar bass...just the basic box thing. though learning the myriad permutations of a 12 bar progression took longer, (I was actually writing a 12 bar roadhouse blues tune yesterday!). I managed that soon enough but no one explained the change necessary for minor chords so I powered through years with a bit of dissonance until someone pulled me aside and taught me about flat thirds etc. It's a journey but learning everyday is the way.
Replies 11 Views 244 Read More
Re: LOOKING FOR TIME rsdean 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dave, Thanks very much. Bob
Replies 20 Views 490 Read More
Re: Un verre d'ouzo en main DC Ron 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Chris, super laid back jazz track, and very nice vocals. Nice lead breaks, too. That's Peter's brother Oliver Gannon on rhythm guitar. Have always loved his tasteful stylings.
Replies 1 Views 30 Read More
Re: Can't exit dialogue box because it disappeared, and now BiaB is effectively frozen DeaconBlues09 1 hour ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Had an eerily similar issue on my dual screen setup. User Musocity created a custom script that worked perfectly...but the hidden window behavior hasn't reappeared for me recently. The thread is here. Know how frustrating these can be. Good luck!!
That's super helpful, DC Ron. Thanks!
Replies 15 Views 234 Read More
Re: Keeping It Simple Noel96 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Alan. As always, your music flows along effortlessly and each bar seamlessly links to the next. I really enjoyed this. The stye's name, "Cheery" says it all. Light and and entertaining, and it definitely brings a smile to the face (well, it did to mine) smile I glad you managed to find 45 minutes in amongst all that's happening right now. It's always a pleasure to listen to your work. Please say "Hi" to Di from me. Wishing you both all the very best! --Noel
Replies 11 Views 190 Read More
Re: To the Developers and Coders of Band-In-A-Box... musiclover 2 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
There is definitely something magical about biab, not only does it provide the backing tracks for my songs, I also find it so entertaining to use as well, eg in my case opening a Artist Performance Track, maybe play a few jigs or reels, just sit back and be entertained. So many times being a educational tool as well, just open the Notation Screen learn the melody, those little red dots progressing along the bars as the music plays. Of all the software on my computer biab is my all time favourite. Truly magical software.
Replies 31 Views 2,098 Read More
RD variations preview for a few seconds only DeaconBlues09 4 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hey there, folks. I'm having an issue with the RD picker in that when I play a demo from the regular place (outlined in blue), it plays back 4 measures of A substyle and 4 of B. However, when I try to preview from the variations on the right panel (outlined in red), it only plays back 3-5 seconds of audio. This is frustrating because I've always picked my RDs from the variations. First of all, you get to see notes on what is actually playing (see highlighted in green), which makes finding what you want infinitely easier, and my favorite sounds for some reason seem to be at 3 to 5 variations down. That is, there are some RDs that I would never have thought to use just by checking the "main" preview. Just in case it matters, this is a new issue for me. I have not had it in the past, but it already happened three times this week. Also, I tried previewing the RDs from the MTP rather than the RD picker, and it's occurring in both. Thanks in advance for your assistance! [Linked Image]
Replies 0 Views 20 Read More
Re: Then, Maybe Again dcuny 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, James. Pleasant listen! smile
Replies 7 Views 124 Read More
Re: Endless Dream Noel96 6 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi floyd. This is superb listening. You and Mike have created an outstanding song. Your singing and production are wonderful. This is first-class music, through and through. What 'analytical me' likes most of all is the lyric economy. There are only 76 words in your lyrics, and it is through strategic repetition that you and Mike have created such a compelling and memorable ballad. As a comparison, Rodgers' and Hammerstein's "Climb Every Mountain" uses only 50 words strategically repeated to create a fine musical journey. It's good to be reminded that 'good' lyrics doesn't necessarily mean 'lots of' lyrics. A well-written handful of words has the power to mesmerise and sustain interest. I really enjoyed where your and Mike's creation led me. --Noel
Replies 20 Views 522 Read More
Re: Bass mix 1a + 1b parts Noel96 6 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by BIABman
Thanks Noel I'll give that RealTrack a shot. In the meantime I thought of another solution. I hadn't thought of doing the Ctrl-F8 trick on the Vibes for the problem bars. I messed around with that a bit and found a few 'less choppy' vibe parts. So I can always fall back on this solution if all else fails. smile
That's great to hear!
Replies 15 Views 351 Read More
Re: Missing Realtracks Noel96 7 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
"Set #800" refers to a style that was included in the 49Pak, I think. Did you purchase the 49Pak when you upgraded to 2024? It would be worthwhile contacting PG Music sales staff using the online chat (the blue square on the lower right of the screen).
Replies 1 Views 23 Read More
Re: Strange behavior Noel96 7 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Mike, Close down BIAB. Now go to the /bb folder and double-click on bbw.exe. This will start the 32-bit version of BIAB. (The 64-bit version is started using bbw64.exe.) When the 32-bit version is ready to go, load in a song and see if it plays. Also, how is your disk space going? That could cause issues when storage for temporary files is needed. Have the temporary files that Windows creates been allowed to build up at all? --Noel
Replies 25 Views 601 Read More
Re: THE VIDEO - Deej & You Said, She Said, They Said, He Said. Deej56 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ray, I'm clueless when it comes to doing video stuff like this . . . and so I'm amazed by what you've done here. It's freakin' brilliant!!! Thanks so much for your collaboration and creativity. Bob, Mario, Alan and DC Ron: Thanks for giving it a look and listen. Glad you enjoyed!! Deej
Replies 5 Views 126 Read More
Re: You Said, She Said, They Said, He Said (with rayc) Deej56 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Bob, James, Greg, Marty, DC Ron, Floyd, Mario, David, WaoBand, and Noel: Thanks so much for the listens and comments. I'll confess I wasn't so sure myself at the start about where this one was going to go . . . but the more we worked on it, the more it really pulled me in. And I'm absolutely thrilled with the final product. Ray's combination of organ and horns for me was the real hook, and his chorus lyrics got me going creatively on the lyrics. Not to mention his excellent video, on which I'll comment separately. Again, appreciate the spins, all. Stay well, stay safe, Deej
Replies 20 Views 470 Read More
Re: Crucified! (the album's final song) Deej56 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dan, It's all good . . . The thing is, the song is wonderful in all aspects of production . . . and it's a rarity for me to comment on recordings where I provide no constructive suggestions on the song . . . which is the case here. I'm at fault in that regard. As I suspected, I think some of my reaction is attributable to my shallow understanding and your explanation makes sense as to the structure of the lyric. I'm wishing you the best of luck on the album . . . You are tremendously talented and I anticipate and hope it will do as well as it deserves! My best to you, Deej
Replies 12 Views 224 Read More
Re: How can we use our dreaming brains to be more musically creative? Bass Thumper 9 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DC Ron
I've written music (and solved other problems) while sleeping, but it's not a "dream". I do dream vividly, but It's not musical. Mostly variations of common dreams like it's final exam week and I forgot to go to class during the term. That one never gets old...
You've got a much better application of this than me. I can't extract any musical value from my sleep. But strange enough I experience a parallel to your "forgetting to go to class". For me, I'm on campus and for the life of me I can't figure out how to register for my classes. So I end up wandering around from classroom to classroom like some confused wackadoodle trying to solve this problem . . . which I never can. Meanwhile, I have this sinking feeling that my life is wasting away, all because I can't figure out how to register and buy my books! Go figure, in real life I had a superbly rewarding career! crazy This semi-nightmare has plagued me for years; what I would give for this to be replaced by killer chord progressions and rocked-out bass lines!!!
Replies 14 Views 289 Read More
Re: Render As Audio (MP3, etc) & Temporary Files Location JasonWhiteman 9 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Wanted to chime in now that the gig is completed. Thanks again to all. The suggestions helped make sure that BIAB didn't "get in the way" of success per schedule and allowed me to craft a good show for an hour of dinner music playing straight except for breaks while the generated solos got their own turns. I'm looking forward to getting more and more into the feature-set. Until next time!
Replies 9 Views 325 Read More
Re: AI Music - Yes you should be scared! JohnJohnJohn 9 hours ago Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DrDan
If you are a song writer or a musician AI music will have a strong negative impact on your career! Ain't no ifs and or buts about it. It was only months ago I was uncertain about what this all ment but I now see the direction and capability and it scares me more than ever.
It's called "progress" I guess! Similar thing happened to those who worked in the buggy whip factories. And the hot air balloon uber drivers. And the oil field workers. And so on. Right? In fact, there is this software program I know of that replaces bass players, rhythm guitar players, drummers and even lead guitar players! What's next? Replacing banjo players and polka guys? Of yeah, it does that too!! All that without any AI! laugh (Sometimes it seems a little light on the I too!)
Replies 4 Views 88 Read More
Re: On The Sunny Side Of The Street NigelSpiers Yesterday at 09:43 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Mario, Thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed the song. Best Regards Nigel
Replies 20 Views 572 Read More
Re: Can the Demos folder be relocated? floyd jane Yesterday at 08:29 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks guys. For both the suggestions and the warning. Leaving it be for now. I put Relocation of Demo Folder in the Wishlist.
Replies 3 Views 137 Read More
Re: Medieval flashback DC Ron Yesterday at 07:47 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Chris, great job on this for sure! Nicely transparent transitions between the (many) instruments and a super clean mix. That tin whistle makes a great lead. Yep, I'm having a medieval flashback right NOW!
Replies 3 Views 73 Read More
Re: Playable tracks help Andrew - PG Music Yesterday at 06:08 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Michael, Sorry we missed this post earlier. To insert a note in the Piano Roll window you need to hold down both shift + command keys, and click... is that working?
Replies 1 Views 121 Read More
créer des 4X4 latinbass Yesterday at 03:55 PM Forum: Forum des Utilisateurs Français de Band-in-a-Box Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Bonjour je ne sais pas où chercher les explications pour créer des 4X4 (ou 8X8) avec des mélodistes et la batterie. Merci de me guider vers le bon article de l'aide. Béatrice
Replies 0 Views 24 Read More
Re: DXplug64.exe problem in RB justanoldmuso Yesterday at 03:33 PM Forum: RealBand Jump to new postsJump to new posts
stratos. cpu is in ghz. model number of your processor might be usefull too. ok...it might be usefull to post a pic of win task manager ...performance tab please. also as i said a link to a trial of lexi that doesnt require my personal details please. please also give me the year/version of your lexi plugin so i can look up system requirements to run it. cos there are various versions it seems of lexi. om
Replies 14 Views 768 Read More
Re: USEING RB WITH YOUR FAV DAW TO CREATE A MUSIC PRODUCTION POWERHOUSE. justanoldmuso Yesterday at 02:58 PM Forum: Post your own Tips and Tricks here Jump to new postsJump to new posts
10..now before i get into specifics and features that are nice in rb let me offer the following comments. because i suspect some might think 'what is this fool OM going on about and why should i spend some time learning another music app ??'...groan...so lets answer that. in many respects rb is a dark horse.with tons of usefull deep features which...once ive gone thru things i like..... i hope you agree with me...'under the hood' rb is rather amazeing for free. and remember its always getting better.. see the new features for details of rb 2024 on pg site. for me the new comp feature is very usefull as i'm a vocallist as well as the addition of certain editing features which enhance the product. (btw...in my defence my background...and i dont mean in an egotist way... is not just in tech, building very advanced IT applications systems around the world but also for many years spending time in all manner of studios big and small creating lots of songs as well as singing in so many music groups and genres ive lost count of...from church and opera thru mor thru heavy rock and even punk rock,...lol...in summary music is in my blood. fyi my typical day for many years was working in tech during the day and then singing in various groups at night and weekends. ie a true jekyll and hyde existence.) WHY SHOULD YOUR WORKFLOW INCLUDE RB ????... ...for people that like lots of fancy shmancy looking graphics in music apps rb might not be for you.eg i saw a gorgeous looking music app recently that costs big money...but as the old saying goes 'sometimes beauty is skin deep'....some of the most wonderfull people ive met in my travels thru' life looked a tad rough on the surface..but underneath had hearts of pure gold and kindness to myself and others. yes rb looks a tad old skool ugly on the surface...but underneath it has many many usefull and in some cases unique music production features...imho its a highly underrated app. by contrast even tho' i loved the look of the aforementioned gorgeous music app...i quickly realised i would miss terribly many of rb's features... even tho' the gorgeous app had some very cool features of its own. ...if your not a person willing to delve into something deeply...rb might not be for you...as it is choc full of deep audio and midi features that are highly usefull in doing songs... (the fab powertracks and bb apps are the same...ie choc full of features...tbh even i after many years of rb use still slap myself when i find a new way of doing something.) ...if your not willing to go thru' the rb manual and tips and various rb vids done by pg then rb might not be for you. let me say it has always been and always will be a struggle for developers to build apps that are both easily accessible and at the same time choc full of features. particularly in music production. from my experience if a app is easily accessible it sometimes means it doesnt have a large feature set. HOWEVER ..if your willing to put in some 'graft'..and development of your own work methods you might come to like rb like i do..for not only its session musician capabilities that are unique (like bb) but also the fact its choc full of neat features to help you create songs....let me say emphatically for the reader who thinks i might be biased re rb...i always keep an open mind re recording gear. 11...THE SPECIFICS... let me get into specifics and more details of features i really really like...and you might also. ie...in each menu that make rb so usefull...and hopefully youll conclude that your current daw plus rb form a great usefull powerfull music production team. i will comment briefly on each feature and why its usefull. (the rb manual and various pg tips and vids on you tube should also be studied for more details...to save me typing loads of pages. also youll notice that a user dialog has a help feature. also notice HELP>>>tip of the day.its kinda nifty and its a good idea to go thru every now and then because...if your like me sometimes a reminder is a good thing.) lets start with some basic things i like. ..an.mp3 creator is included .in rb for free. i really like it. but dont ask me why. i really wish i could scientifically explain but i cant. i used it in all the songs in my sig....its my go to mp3 creator. it can be accessed via the rb render dialogue at top of rb. watch your stereo mix meters. i would suggest a setting of about -3db.... ... FILE >>> IMPORT will allow you to import all manner of formats into rb....check it out. ...below FILE/EXIT you will see latest projects you can access...convenient. ...EDIT at top of rb has a load of features includeing usual cut/paste etc. ...EDIT>>>TRACK will bring up around 19 features....all very usefull. notice IN PARTICULAR...DUPLICATE feature. there are nifty effects tricks you can do useing this. ie...sometimes i keep an original audio track dry and use this feature to create 2 more instances of the same track and on one i might put pg echo chorus and other track pg verb.then i experiment with settings of each to create interesting fx on say a vocal .. the objective being to create a synergistic pleasant sound fx picture. also experiment with the volume of the 3 tracks....and do things like keeping the volumes of the 2 duplicate tracks under the original dry one. why am i gung ho re the pg fx ?? simple... low cpu useage. they have saved my 'A' more than a few times as well as money buying commercial plugins that sometimes consume lots of pc resources. now start experimenting on your own re FILE>>>TRACK menu. youll notice depending on menu option chosen there will be a help feature. please also read up on the fix tuning menu option etc etc.i rarely need it...but you might find it very usefull. ...EDIT>>>MIDI. let me say one of the great strengths with pg products imho is the midi functionality. (if your not up on midi there are lots of courses online and books etc etc.). thus one of the great strengths of rb is its midi feature set. and it might be usefull to you in many many ways. note...same as audio tracks you can easily drag a midi track from rb into your fav daw. WHICH BRINGS UP A VERY IMPORTANT POINT....AND A HUGE PLUS FOR RB. IE YOU CAN USE RB TO GENERATE AND FEED YOUR FAV DAW WITH ALL MANNER OF MIDI TRACKS. SKYS THE LIMIT ONLY LIMITED BY YOUR IMAGINATION... PLEASE...!! I WANT TO FIRMLY PLANT THIS IN YOUR MIND AND ITS LOTS OF FUN...you can in rb generate not just normal midi tracks whatever but also do things like generate drum solos like a drummer might do live. this is a hoot. there are about 26 menu entries in the edit midi feature display....dont let this put you off. these features give you oodles of midi control and power in your hands. starting out look into quantise and other features like 'fill track with drum pattern'... i use the latter not only for quickie tests of song ideas but also other fancy things... (see my tips in tips forum re rb and modern songs.) NOTE...in rb is a feature that might be usefull for some..ie setting various ppq's. includeing high ones....ALSO NOTE THE FRACTIONAL TEMPO FEATURE. more next time as i need a break. much much more to come. happiness om .
Replies 1 Views 75 Read More
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics81,880
Posts739,450
Members38,646
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
maxtern, 1Oleg1, Delta 8 Austin, cac24e81ef, heymovies shop
38,645 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 154
musocity 109
DC Ron 94
rsdean 90
dcuny 81
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.