Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Excessively long download time Matt Finley 21 minutes ago Forum: Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I'm not sure about that advice. While correct, it may not be the only way. I typically do a minimal install of the program to a new drive. Then I use my copying utility (I use a Windows machine with Total Commander, a clone of the old Norton Commander) to copy all the folders in and under /BB from one installation to another (overwriting only older files). No download needed. When I'm done, I deauthorize the old drive and authorize the new one. My installation is over 2 TB since it is the audiophile version, and I run it overnight, but even that takes less time than you describe. And some folks here use drive cloning software; I don't but it should work as well and maybe be even quicker. Interesting you mention East West. Well over a decade ago, I bought their orchestra library and it took many DVDs. I had never imagined a program that large. Now that would be considered small.
Replies 4 Views 20 Read More
Re: bloop type noise every few minutes Matt Finley 25 minutes ago Forum: Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Herre's another example related to yours: Zoom. It used to be that if you existed a meeting, Zoom closed. Done. Now, though, something called Zoom Workplace stays loaded even if you End the Meeting and close that window. At least it is visible in your System Tray, but there are still two choices, and you have to do Quit Zoom rather than Close Window. The new reality: lots of stuff runs in the background that you didn't expect.
Replies 9 Views 368 Read More
Re: DXplug64.exe problem in RB justanoldmuso 40 minutes ago Forum: RealBand Jump to new postsJump to new posts
stratos... 1..i need to know re your pc... in rb menu action>>>test audio performance please run this and tell the number of tracks reported. im over 200 here...what is your result. 2..heres something i would like you to try and i would be surprised if you disliked the effects results. just a couple of my tricks with pg plugins. ...record a solo track eg vocals....on track 19 <<< ....keep 19 dry. ...in rb please duplicate the dry track 19 to track 20. and add pg reverb plugin. ...AGAIN duplicate the track 19 to track 21. BUT this time add pg echo chorus plugin. ...on pg verb and echo chorus are various controls. ...ensure track 19 is higher in level than 20 or 21 tracks. ...NOW experiment on tracks 20 and 21 with the following... .....each plugins settings and dry//effect settings. .....panning if you want that eg 19 centre and 20 and 21 different pans. .....the levels of the effected tracks 20 and 21... in essence just test various approaches. there is no ilok needed with above. tell me if your happy with the results. if you want more 'effect' just add more wet etc etc. just now here i got lovely results experimenting. the songs in my sig used only pg plugins. 3...another approach.if your not happy with above. on the net youll find free lexi impulse responses (IR's) you can load into a IR loader plugin. just google for both 'free lexi impulse responses' and 'free IR loader plugin'. i dont need such however. but many use such. 4...another approach is to test a free reverb plugin eg VALHALLA SUPERMASSIVE.. there is a vst 64 bit version....see you tube for demo of supermassive. which i read good things about. but i havent tested out. the market is awash with very nice verb plugins with no ilok needed....just google 'free reverb plugin'. ...lots of results. remember your useing rb 64 bit. NOTE FOR points 3 and 4 above lots of info also on youtube ie you can listen to lots of demos re the above. thats what i do. but frankly i always return to the pg plugins. hth and get back to me re the first track count item as it gives me an indicator what your pc is capable of. happiness. om
Replies 17 Views 807 Read More
Re: Crucified! (the album's final song) jpettit 45 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase
Great song Dan. I do not usually respond to showcase post due to a fear of being too critical, but this is worthy. I too am a Christian artist and it inspires me to post some of my songs here in the future. I will offer one mix input. On the B part of your song "Jesus came to break the fettered change", because the melody drops in register the words for that verse in the following verse need to come out clearer perhaps by slightly boosting the vocals or bringing the instrumentation down or more subdued.
Replies 14 Views 233 Read More
Re: Excessively long download time CC Music 46 minutes ago Forum: Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hey Bass Thumper - Thanks for the welcome and the heads up on the USB drive. It's a bit frustrating because I'm only attempting to move BIAB etc. from one SSD to another SSD, I'm informed by Tech. Support that the only way I can achieve this is by downloading and properly installing the program from zero upwards to the other SSD. Thanks again.
Re: Excessively long download time Jim Fogle 49 minutes ago Forum: Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hello CCMusic and welcome to the forum! There have been a few times in the past when forum users have complained of slow download times. A few years ago PG Music made changes to their servers to accommodate bigger loads but the complaints continued. An investigation discovered issues with the internet path. PG Music requested users experiencing slow downloads use a "traceroute" command to see if there is internet traffic congestion. If there is congestion, post the traceroute data in a forum post or send to "support@pgmusic.com" so PG Music can work with their internet provider to get the issue resolved. +++ HERE +++ is a link to an article that has the steps needed to run a traceroute command on a Macintosh. +++ HERE +++ is a an article about running the "traceroute" command for those readers using Windows.
I Would Be Nothing Without Love firesong 53 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase
Well I've worked with the Synth V voices long enough now to realize that it's a bit of work to get it all right...the harmonies are real work (for me at least)...so I'm posting this little song loosely based on I Corinthians 13 ( the love chapter) and I'm letting Cyrus carry the whole thing (I might add harmonies later but I like his solo here)...there are just two BiaB tracks in this mix...everything else I played on the Genos...so...if you do...thanks for listening...Dan I Would Be Nothing Without Love https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14796400 RealTracks in song: 1856:Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085 RealTracks in style: 2904:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm GrittyBluesyPopBrent Ev 100 Vocal: Cyrus Holmes (aka: SAROS/Synthesizer V ) Guitar tracks: programmed from the Genos I played: piano, strings, fretless bass and ooh's from the Yamaha Gernos
Replies 0 Views 5 Read More
Re: Excessively long download time Bass Thumper 1 hour ago Forum: Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
CC Music, welcome to the forum. Your internet speeds are much faster than mine. Are you aware that you can purchase BiaB on a USB drive? That might be a good option for you.
Re: Crucified! (the album's final song) firesong 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase
Originally Posted by Greg Johnson
Beautifully done Dan!!! Has a very theatrical feel to it......I love that!!! Arrangement and production are stellar!!! Take care. Greg
Thanks Greg...your opinions are very valuable to me...Dan
Originally Posted by Deej56
Dan, It's all good . . . The thing is, the song is wonderful in all aspects of production . . . and it's a rarity for me to comment on recordings where I provide no constructive suggestions on the song . . . which is the case here. I'm at fault in that regard. As I suspected, I think some of my reaction is attributable to my shallow understanding and your explanation makes sense as to the structure of the lyric. I'm wishing you the best of luck on the album . . . You are tremendously talented and I anticipate and hope it will do as well as it deserves! My best to you, Deej
Deej...first off let me echo..."I am a big fan of your songs" also...and "it's all good"...I really appreciate your thoughts and comments...Dan
Replies 14 Views 233 Read More
Re: bloop type noise every few minutes Bob Calver 1 hour ago Forum: Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
i have two pcs - the family pc and the one i use for musice. but as this is the faster pc i do use it for things other than music. not normally a problem but this blooping noise just appeared. had i got the luxury of a music only pc i'd still probably use it for video production too. but yuor advice is appreicated even if I can't take it OM!
Replies 9 Views 368 Read More
Excessively long download time CC Music 1 hour ago Forum: Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
This is my debut on the forum so please excuse if I mess up! This isn’t a new installation all I’m trying to achieve is to move BIAB (plus it’s library) from one SSD to larger SSD within my Mac system. It’s taken BIAB Install manager 48 hours to download the following Band-in-a-Box 2021 Full (Mac) This is the main Band-in-a-Box application installer. 1.90 GB Hi-Q Instruments for Sforzando (Mac) 736 MB 2021 Bonus 0-PAK (Mac) 188 MB Artist Performances Full (Mac) 1.82 GB MIDI SuperTracks Sets 10-17 (Mac) 303 MB RealTracks Shots Holds Loops and Reamped (Mac) 6.73 GB RealDrums Sets 1-29 (Mac) 2.99 GB Earlier today I downloaded an East West library “Voices Of Opera” 40.36 GB without any issues in around 30 minutes. I've tested the speed of my internet which is 117.4 Mbps download - 75.4 Mbps upload, there are no restrictions from my internet provider on downloads. I have a state of the art iMac running the latest version of OS, with 128 GB of Ram, a shed load of available storage plus a fast internet connection directly hard wired to ethernet. Could someone please advise me on why it’s so slow? If I was to continue downloading the additional Real Track Sets the ETA would be a week! Is there anyway I could speed this process up? Help would be immensely appreciated before I go bonkers.
Re: This Cold Spring WaoBand 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase
I really like the instrumentation in this song. We've had the same bizarre weather in the UK and summer hasn't yet started here - your music really fits today's weather! It's all down to the jet stream following winter flows and not allowing warm weather up from the south.
Replies 1 Views 28 Read More
Re: DXplug64.exe problem in RB stratos 2 hours ago Forum: RealBand Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Muso Yes ILOK for sure, so no demo. Ill get back if I can answer your other Q´s Thanks
Replies 17 Views 807 Read More
Re: Can't Afford Your Love WaoBand 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase
I could have sworn I commented on this some time ago. It's yet another excellent song and production of yours. Have you ever considered making CDs of your material?
Replies 22 Views 653 Read More
Re: Oh, My Girl WaoBand 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
Well done. And a nice job of getting the "right" guitar solo. We do a LOT of DAW comping with RT's (including rhythm tracks) and RD's. BiaB tracks are great and comping them can often allow them to fit your notion of what should be happening. This has a very cinematic feel and would make an excellent soundtrack for a variety of projects. J&B
Thanks J&B, particularly re the soundtrack comment. I'd love to see something of mine accepted for a part of a movie or other soundtrack, but there's as much chance of that as of winning the lottery as wherever I post I get too few views/listens.
Replies 24 Views 557 Read More
Re: Can the Demos folder be relocated? AudioTrack 3 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yes, don't ever consider reassigning drive C for any reason. There's probably stacks of hard-coded programs that automatically presume the drive letter C is where many applications are located.
Replies 5 Views 192 Read More
Re: Can't exit dialogue box because it disappeared, and now BiaB is effectively frozen Matt Finley 3 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DeaconBlues09
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
But his signature says he does not have BIAB 2024. That makes this hard to test.
Hi Matt, I update each year to the latest version, but somehow never thought to update my signature. I have done so now. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!
Oh, I'm confident you are the only one in the history of the BIAB forums to do that (he said guiltily).
Replies 16 Views 266 Read More
Re: Render As Audio (MP3, etc) & Temporary Files Location Matt Finley 3 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Two quick thoughts even if you are resolved: First, are you still running BIAB 2019? Version 2024 dramatically improved the time required for file regeneration, something you mentioned. Second, is your external USB drive a SSD? That would also help.
Replies 10 Views 336 Read More
Re: Can the Demos folder be relocated? Matt Finley 3 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
One way to reduce the hazard (and I'm not saying you should do this if unsure) is to change the drive letter for your external drive on each computer where you would use it. I make my drive a high letter of the alphabet, such as P, on each computer. That way, it does not matter what other USB drives may be attached; that one for BIAB is always letter P. Regarding Simon's correct advice/caution: In Windows, drive letters A and B are for removable media (floppy disks!); thus, C is the normal expectation for a boot hard drive. D used to be for your CD drive (remember those?). So often, when you plugged in a flash drive, it would be letter E. But those days are long gone with the predominance of multiple internal drives. You can use Windows to reassign any drive letter, though I recommend you NOT reassign the boot drive from C to something else, because you still may run into old installers that insist on drive C for programs. Make sense?
Replies 5 Views 192 Read More
Re: Cold Rain And Snow (featuring PeterF on guitar) jannesan 3 hours ago Forum: User Showcase
Great rocking intro, you get into mood immediately. Cold & snow, I know those words better than my pockets, although I cannot solve my problem in the dark room wink Janice rules the world again with her amazing voice gliding up and down like that long golden hair swaying in the bitter wind. Enjoyable playing by Peter, I really like the dark tone of his guitar. Great mix. I know you guys can turn ANY song into an excellent blues rock song smile Janne
Replies 28 Views 938 Read More
THE HERO_David Snyder David Snyder 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase
A new one. I have at least 5 male friends who have faced overwhelming adversity and pain and tragedy in their lives over the past year or two, but have risen above it all through the sheer strength of their faith and utter manhood, as quiet heroes. I wrote this song to celebrate them. They know who they are. THE HERO By David Snyder https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs4/the-hero V1 They say you have to beat the odds And give it all you’ve got Fight against your fatal flaws Just to reach that mountain top They say you’ll never know what you can take Until you reach that point where you might break CH But sometimes the hero Is the man who doesn’t change And sometimes the hero’s the man Who just lives with the pain And sometimes the hero is the man who doesn’t have to be ashamed Because sometimes the hero Is the man who doesn’t change V2 And he knows you have to live by faith So he always says his grace And he’ll rush into a raging fire If there’s someone he can save And he’ll never say there’s no more he can take Cause that man of faith never hits the point where other men might break CH Cause sometimes the hero Is the man who doesn’t change And sometimes the hero Is the man who lives with the pain And sometimes the hero is man who doesn’t have to be ashamed Because sometimes the hero Is the man who doesn’t change BRIDGE You keep the faith You keep the faith Even in the pouring rain You keep the faith You keep the faith It’s the one thing that remains You keep the faith You keep the faith And that’s never gonna change You keep the faith You keep the faith It’s the one thing that remains CH Yeah sometimes the hero Is the man who doesn’t change And sometimes the hero Is the man who lives with the pain And sometimes the hero is man who doesn’t have to be ashamed Because sometimes the hero Is the man who doesn’t change All music and lyrics copyright 2024 by David Snyder ASCAP/Day of Faith Music David Snyder: Vocals, Guitar, Additional Instrumentation, Mixing and Mastering RealTracks in style: ~1636:Bass, Electric, JazzFunkBreezy Ev16 075 RealTracks in style: 2825:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryPopMike12-key Ev 085 RealTracks in song: 4024:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModCountryBalladHeldPlus Ev16 075 RealDrums in style:AmericanaSlow8thsFred: a: Snare, HiHat b: Snare, Ride
Replies 0 Views 14 Read More
Re: LOVE AT LAST_David Snyder jannesan 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase
Another "bigger than the universe" song by DS and what a delight it is. Classic. Not just because of the classical guitar, but the whole build-up is heavenly from the piano to the strings. And the lyrics keep in the subject all the time with a magnifying beauty. Very heartfelt vocals and the guitar playing is superb. Janne
Replies 19 Views 525 Read More
Re: Can't Afford Your Love jannesan 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase
Clever lyrics about one of the biggest money pits in the world smile You are one of the best wordsmiths on this forum, "... how much I would pay for the priviledge just to be in the presence of your beauty" the dilemma of life. Sweet soulful arrangement and the voice is also soulful just like Dave and his magic guitar. Love the ending where the B3 really shines. Good luck for the album, if it is going to contain B-sides like this, then it won't need A-side... and thanks about mentioning B-side, I have one song about that theme, maybe I should start working on it again... Janne
Replies 22 Views 653 Read More
Смена стилей в композиции. 1Oleg1 4 hours ago Forum: Форум пользователей Band-in-a-Box на русском языке Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Я заметил,что в одной композиции у меня в BIAB 2021 могут быть только либо стили RealTracks, либо стили MIDI. Так ли это и как можно совместить стили RealTracks и MIDI попеременно в одной вещи?
Replies 0 Views 16 Read More
This Cold Spring jannesan 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase
This Cold Spring I wrote this song quite fast, because I was strongly inspired by the cold weather this spring. Statistically speaking, spring was warmer than usually, but the statistics lie, the end of May was very warm, but April was quite an unpleasant month with several big snowfalls... Nothing new in the lyrics, I'm recycling my previous themes. I wanted the song to be just sad, not depressing or dark. That's why the arrangement and the mix have quite light folk mood and the lead synth vocalist Saros has a very soft sound. Not timely anymore, just a bad memory, but I wanted to showcase it for those who were waiting for my spring song, I hope they are not disappointed eek Based on style _LOAM.STY (Loam Folky Pop Country) RealDrums: AmericanaSlow8thsFred: a: Snare, HiHat b: Snare, Ride RealTracks: #4028: Bass, Electric, ModernCountry8ths Ev 120 #3552: Multi[Thickened=5] Vocal Oohs-Aahs, Rhythm Pop3-part Ev 085 #1006: Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment, PopCaliforniaSlow Ev 085 #3645: Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm FingerIndieFolkAccent2Mute3 Ev 110 #4200: Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SongwriterGentleSync16ths Ev16 090 #408: Guitar, Resonator, Background Allis Ev 120 #3202: Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist LaidBackBluesyBrent Ev 100 Vocals: Synthesizer V Saros (lead), Jun (backing), Weina (backing) Mixed in Calkewalk by BandLab (Ozone 11, Nectar 4, Neoverb) Lyrics: I didn't ask for this cold spring I didn't ask the birds not to sing I asked for a girl I could call my dear together to melt snow with a cold beer. Every year I ask for just one song March, April, May to be gentle and long hand in hand with my nightingale seems that my wish is a fairy tale. I didn't ask for... Every day I'm grieving for forecast trembly escaping to my languorous past The fading scene with the fire, the storm the morning was cold but your lips were still warm. I didn't ask for... I cry for birds who came with the southwest breeze in the hope of a new brood saw the pastures freeze. I didn't ask for... I cry for blooms that opened their tiny buds they have reached for the sunlight met the hardened mud. ------------------- Janne
Replies 1 Views 28 Read More
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 28 29
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics81,895
Posts739,530
Members38,644
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ellie-Mae, kssyblls01, maxtern, 1Oleg1, Delta 8 Austin
38,647 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 154
musocity 108
DC Ron 94
rsdean 90
dcuny 81
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.