Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Strange behavior Noel96 5 minutes ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by cubanpete
Well.. sometimes might go thru the whole song the first time without a problem, but, sometimes it stop playing before finishing. Mike B.
Hi Mike, Does this mean that when you generate a song and you are watching the tracks get generated in the new "Tracks View", sometimes the tracks don't finish generating? --Noel
Replies 30 Views 688 Read More
Re: LOVE AT LAST_David Snyder Al-David 35 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
HI David, What a gorgeous song and production. I love building layers in a song. And, you brought in the perfect ones at just the right time. So, what's not to like? Absolutely nothing. You outdid yourself. A new favorite of yours for me. Well done! Alan
Replies 21 Views 553 Read More
Re: Keeping It Simple Al-David 39 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Brad Williams
Man Alan, it never ceases to amaze me how you can put something together in 45 minutes that I couldn't come near in a million years! Great stuff. Simple sure works for me. Great write and superbly put together ... as always. Brad
HI Brad, So glad you enjoyed it. I use a much simpler processing and mixing than most folks on these forums do. (Keeping it simple!) The closest thing I use to a DAW is Audacity. But the last two upgrades to Audacity almost make it a very basic DSAW. I do all my mixing there, in conjunction with the BIAB chord input sheet. I spend more time selecting tracks than everything else combined. I can also "contour" the shape of the track there. It is typically a fast and easy process. I have two DAWa (Pronus and Cakewalk) but have no idea how to use either of them. The instruction manual and online "help" sections make the assumption the user already has a basic knowledge of music production. Nope - not this guy. I made a good living simply playing guitar, and someone else did the PA and mixing board setup and recording/production. I didn't even know what a DAW was until I joined this site. I record the few vocals and live guitar tracks I do from my guitar amp (Peavey Nashville 112) straight into the computer mic input. I sing through an AT 2035 mic. I have no mixing board or DAW. That's why I can do it in a very short time. But it seems to work. Best to you! Alan
Replies 19 Views 265 Read More
Re: On The Sunny Side Of The Street NigelSpiers 51 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Ron, Thanks for all your very generous comments - much appreciated. Best Regards Nigel
Replies 21 Views 586 Read More
Re: Time Signature Changes not Working in Bar Settings Noel96 1 hour ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi. I've had similar things happen over the years (although not with version 2024). The solution that worked for me was to put a chord on beat 3 (and even beat 4) of the 2/4 bar, and then to unfreeze any tracks and regenerate the song. Even though beats 3 and 4 will be greyed out in the 2/4 bar, having the chords there did something that caused things to work properly. Regards, --Noel
Replies 2 Views 38 Read More
FREE REVERBS FOR REALBAND 64 BIT. justanoldmuso 1 hour ago Forum: Post your own Tips and Tricks here Jump to new postsJump to new posts
kvr link..do your own testing re rb 64... ta da https://www.kvraudio.com/plugins/free-reverb-plugins so far ive tried supermassive vallhalla and orii river. work in rb 64. too much to list as to features... just try them yourself with a voc or whatever and/or with pg fx. its about time i tested free verbs will add more once ive tested with rb... keep rocking. om 🇨🇦🇨🇦 🇬🇧🇬🇧
Replies 0 Views 13 Read More
Re: Miccro chord not using eighth notes when it should be AudioTrack 2 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Welcome to the forums. Are you using MIDI or RealTracks, and if the latter, what is the style that you're using?
Replies 1 Views 44 Read More
Re: DXplug64.exe problem in RB justanoldmuso 2 hours ago Forum: RealBand Jump to new postsJump to new posts
stratos.. ok have i got a treat for you ... i went to the kvr link i posted in my last post and downloaded 2 free reverbs....no iloks. ....Orii River. verb and ....Valhalla Supermassive.verb. both worked great in rb 64 bit. and just too many settings to list. if you cant do a great song with those and pg dx you wont with anything. note both above have a load of presets that can be changed. note supermassive is bigger than orii river cos they are 2 different verbs. i still also love the pg fx also. install was instant and a breeze. i just in rb plugin dialog scanned ny vst plugin folder and painless install....instant. it was about time i tested verbs so im gonna see which verbs work good in rb 64 from the kvr site this week...im greedy...lmao. And the plus is no ilok needed. i doubt the man in the street would notice any diff from the freebies and the pay verbs...its important you change wet dry to your taste and other settings....use the duplivate trick i mentioned up thread. then one track dry one track with supermassive and one track orii river... then have loads of fun trying all the settings. hth. om
Replies 19 Views 861 Read More
Re: This Cold Spring David Snyder Yesterday at 11:37 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Janne, This is a really well constructed and produced song. It sounds fantastic. Great job man!
Replies 2 Views 42 Read More
Lost in You Ezekiel's Storm Yesterday at 11:34 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Lost in You This is one of my early attempts at songwriting (decades ago) that I haven't recorded except on a cassette with an acoustic. It was a bit of a toss off song: it had two verses and a chorus. I liked the chorus, so I decided to resurrect it for fun. I added a cheap and easy bridge but kept the same mundane lyrics. It's a slightly frenetic power pop ditty that clocks in at just under two and a half minutes. The Wrecking Crew: 1008 Bass, Electric, ElecRock RealDrums-RockHard^03-OpHtSnr,RideSnr 3931 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltRockFastChugMute 4065 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernPopFastRockPowerStrum2 2586 Guitar, Electric, Soloist PunkMurray Native Instruments Electric Mint Night has broken Hearts haven’t spoken Waiting for the other one to call Hiding from my fear Wishing that you were here Wondering if we could love at all Too much time lost in you Shadow on the light of everything I do Too much time lost in you As I drive away Hoping for another day When I can hold you again Deep into the night Giving up without a fight Knowing that this may be the end Too much time lost in you Shadow on the light of everything I do Too much time lost in you Daylight pulls my senses through Close my eyes, picture the view Too much time lost in you Shadow on the light of everything I do Too much time lost in you
Replies 0 Views 3 Read More
Re: Lonely People Ezekiel's Storm Yesterday at 11:20 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Another beautiful creative piece from the mind of Mario. I love the sound of an English horn. The song does evoke a sense of melancholy but also a sense of hope woven. I enjoyed all the instrument solos (and ensemble) you played via the wind controller.
Replies 21 Views 389 Read More
Re: You Said, She Said, They Said, He Said (with rayc) Ezekiel's Storm Yesterday at 11:12 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Excellent lyrics. Love the organ and horns. They give it a big sound. The song has a modern 60s/70s feel. Strong vocal!
Replies 21 Views 487 Read More
Re: AI Music - Yes you should be scared! David Snyder Yesterday at 10:56 PM Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Four years from now after the civil war and the apocalypse you will be wishing you had a buggy and a banjo.
Replies 5 Views 118 Read More
Re: NYT Says Taylor Swift Is Bigger Than The Beatles David Snyder Yesterday at 10:53 PM Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I am officially logging off the Internet for good. Goodbye everybody. It's been real.
Replies 23 Views 812 Read More
Re: POLL Do you support deleting old Style & RealTracks pickers and just having MultiPickerLibrary (F7)? MarioD Yesterday at 10:45 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yes, I have been using it exclusively for a couple of months now with no problems what so ever.
Replies 6 Views 111 Read More
NEW SONG POST Shorty's Place Greg Johnson Yesterday at 10:32 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Forum friends. Thanks for all the wonderful comments on Down on Your Love!! It really means a lot to me. There is a lot of great talent on this forum and to get such positive feedback is appreciated more than you know. I know there are some on the forum who are Steely Dan fans. I am a huge fan of The Dan!! In my mind, Becker and Fagan occupy a status in music that shares the rarified air with very few, such as Lennon and McCartney. The more I learn about music....arranging, mixing, soloing.....the more these guys just blow my mind. This tune is basically a Steely Dan tribute. BIAB has some great tracks for such music. In fact, recently watching a Steely Dan performance on Youtube, they mentioned Jon Herrington, who was sitting in and plays guitar on this track, as "a long time friend of the band". Hope you enjoy and would love to get your feedback. Take care. Greg The band: Bass. 3682 EP. 904 Lead guitar. 2604 Sax. 1055 Drums. ElecCymbalSw16 Horns. Kontakt Session Horns pro BG vows. Eastwest Hollywood backup singers
Shorty’s Place Clock on the wall is stopped at 5:05 But the patrons here don’t notice that at all Long as the whiskey pours things move ‘round here And Shorty keeps it rolling to last call Every night is just the same but no one seems to mind They drink their entertainment from a glass Same old crowd is laughing loud Things move at the same pace Things don’t ever change at Shorty’s Place Joey takes the booth next to the telephone Though he knows it hasn’t rung in 30 years He leaves the liquor to the younger crowd But you’ll never catch him once without his beer Lucy tells her stories how she almost made in big In the good old glory days of Hollywood Shorty backs her up with a sly smile on his face Cause Lucy is the queen of Shorty’s Place Every night is just the same but no one seems to mind They drink their entertainment from a glass Same old crowd is laughing loud Things move at the same pace Things don’t ever change at Shorty’s Place
Replies 0 Views 7 Read More
Re: Can the Demos folder be relocated? Matt Finley Yesterday at 10:29 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ha. Yes, Windows allows it. And I have both a floppy drive and a CD drive, but they are add-on USB units now that I can use on any computer.
Replies 7 Views 218 Read More
Re: A Sense O' Mia Brad Williams Yesterday at 10:18 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Oh yeah, Marty what a song. Soooo creative. My dad is retired California Highway Patrol, and you know I'll be sending him a copy of this one. He's gonna love it, just like I did. Wonderful stuff, I wish I would have written it! Great job! I laughed all the way through it. Brad
Replies 5 Views 58 Read More
Re: Un verre d'ouzo en main Brad Williams Yesterday at 09:58 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Very nice Chris. I don't speak a lick of French, but man the music and the voice are blended so very well. Such a cool jazz sound! Brad
Replies 3 Views 48 Read More
Re: Things I'll Never Know (w/Chris37) Brad Williams Yesterday at 09:46 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Man, this is strong! Great writing throughout - both melody and words. Each time I heard a line, I thought that's going to be the best one in the song - and then another would come up. Great stuffl. I like the feel of this all the way through. I don't know if you'd want it, but because I'm so country I might have tried a different guitar without quite as much distortion for the lead to make sound a little more country, but that's just me. I think it's really good Deej, thanks for sticking with it! Brad
Replies 19 Views 614 Read More
Re: I Would Be Nothing Without Love Brad Williams Yesterday at 09:34 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Great topic, and great song Dan. I could hear this one played at weddings and anniversarty's around the world. You've really got the touch when it comes to production. I love the entire sound on this. The sound of that guitar at the beginning really draws you in, and the rest of the arrangement leaves you waiting anxiously for the next note. Great stuff! Brad
Replies 3 Views 22 Read More
Re: Another Whiskey Song - The Best of David Snyder and Brad Williams rsdean Yesterday at 09:30 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Brad, Very nice! Great song and I think you did a great job with Ozone. Nice tracks selections as well. Love your vocal. I also really like the use of the Oohs/Aahs. Cool co-write! Excellent work. Bob
Replies 2 Views 28 Read More
Re: THE HERO_David Snyder Brad Williams Yesterday at 09:26 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Oh man David! This is killer. Such a great song and love the arrangements. It's well, inspiring! Fantastic.
Replies 4 Views 55 Read More
Re: Missing Realtracks moltopiano Yesterday at 09:21 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
No, I did not purchase that. Maybe it's a promo for that. Well, at least that clarifies that. It's possible yes, they showcase the style in the demo but add stuff (the soloist) that may not be part of your present set up, to show additional things available that you can get by buying the 49 pack. Thanks for your reply.
Replies 2 Views 45 Read More
Re: New playable track question Andrew - PG Music Yesterday at 08:53 PM Forum: Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Replies 1 Views 108 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics81,910
Posts739,628
Members38,645
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
JazzMan01, kssyblls01, maxtern, 1Oleg1, Delta 8 Austin
38,645 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 155
musocity 105
DC Ron 97
rsdean 93
dcuny 80
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.