Good day all….

I’ve been trying to scratch my way out of a creative deficit lately (being several months) and finally came up with this one.
Throwing it against the forum wall It’s called Secrets And Lies.. .
Many thanks to Ken (klasaine) for his generous time, ears and musicianship.
To any that give it a spin we thank you and hope you found it worthy of your time.

(to dispel any possible rumors….NO….I’ve never been a vigilante or spy. Although, humans have done things that make my blood boil and I’ll look fondly at option #2 :))

https://www.soundclick.com/wayneevansproject (1st one on the list)
https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966 (1st one on the list)

EDIT: I forgot to add the style info:
_BOOGIE1.STY TexasBoogie 2 Guitars (140 RS)
All-RealTrks, 2 Texas Boogie guits. 1st style uses crisp clean Blues sound, sync. for A & classic riff for B. 2nd guit grittier, shuffle for A, quarters for B. (El.Bass, El.Guitar, El.Guitar, Drums=NashvilleShuffle^01-HiHat,Ri
de)
BIAB: drums/bass/piano
Vox, lyrics, music: me
Guitars: Ken Lasaine.

[b]Intro:
Chorus:

Secrets and lies when you work under cover. (Careful what you say. Keep your story straight). Steady and sly when you work under cover. (Careful what you say)
Secrets and lies….secrets and lies.
Verse 1
“You know your mission, we got your back. We’re taking no prisoners. They’re the worst of the bad. Stage a situation to look good in their eyes. Give it some time and they’ll invite you inside.” Secrets and lies….secrets and lies.
Verse 2
Dressed to the nines with a very cool pad. Strutting around town in a shiny sedan. Add a bit of flash with some money to spend. Play the role and treat them all like you’re friends.”
Chorus:
Secrets and lies when you work under cover. (Careful what you say. Keep your story straight). Steady and sly when you work under cover. (Careful what you say)
Verse 3
Breaking out the good stuff to help them relax over easy conversation how you won at the tracks. Spin a few tales of the crimes in your past. Not a word of it’s true, just part of the act. If you’re feeling suspicion, deflect and deceive. Some misdirection may be just what you need. Be cool under pressure, with tricks up your sleeve. Have a good story, one they’ll believe.
Chorus:
Lead break: verse music & chorus music
Verse 4
I had a mission, here’s what they said: “We‘re taking no prisoners, they’re the worst of the bad.” The mission’s accomplished, according to plan. The world’s a better place you can trust me on that.
Chorus:
Vamp out: with Bm & ‘secrets and lies.

Copyright: Wayne Evans – music & lyrics March 17, 2024 23:10

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 04/18/24 08:18 AM.