I use RB to create and stream backing tracks online. Part of my work flow involves using technology to make things happen, because I'm old and have a limited capacity to juggle details in real time while my audience watches. I use MIDI to do almost everything seamlessly without having to do it myself... but one thing that bogs me down is the fact that in Real Band (and Power tracks) the sequence will keep playing past the end of the song. This makes it hard to automate the starting of the next song.

So, here's my question: Does anybody know if there's a way to place a hard stop in a sequence? What I mean by "hard stop" is a way to make the time line stop progressing after the audio is finished. My automated hack for starting the next song fails if the time line is still moving.

For a long time I thought that it was based on how much data is in the sequence. It makes sense that if RB knows there's something out there that hasn't been played yet, it will keep marching toward that data to play it. But lately my projects go on almost indefinitely until I take action to stop it.

If there isn't already a way to insert an absolute stop point into a sequence (maybe with an embedded MIDI CC?) is there any chance that feature could be added?

Last edited by Pat Marr; 01/04/24 10:02 AM.