I never much used the automatic harmonies in BIAB, but I just tried a surprisingly simple trick, and it sounded like this:

Biab Harmonies - All of Me

This was made totally automatic and took all of about 10 minutes, using the following steps:
1) I downloaded an MGU from the internet
2) I hit harmonize in BIAB and exported the midi.
3) I exploded the midi into five separate tracks, and assigned each to a different voice in Synthesizer V.
4) I copy and pasted the lyrics from the internet onto the file, so the melody automatically sang the words.

Imagine how creative this would be if we made a more interesting melody (not the "square" one in the generic MGU file) and added a few more passing chords. But for an instantaneous choir, this is pretty impressive.

The reason it sounds better than usual is that each separate harmony is sung by a different singer, with different sound and timbre, real women on the top and real men on the bottom. When you use audio-harmony it stretches the exact same singer, so the low notes sound weird and the high ones like a chipmunk on helium, and the accent is all the same. But with this method it is a different singer on each line, which makes all the difference.

Last edited by ThomasS; 12/19/23 01:14 AM.