I used to use Smart8 (for Windows 8 and 8.5), and currently use (and have used since I upgraded to Windows 10) Smart10 for Windows 10. I prefer the Windows 7 menu interface (even though Windows 10 got closer to getting back to the Windows 7 look and feel, but not quite) and I can manage my menu better with it (after installing programs, I move the menu entries into categorized folders).

I haven't upgraded to Windows 11 yet, but from what I've read on the Stardock web site, Start11 works similarly to Start10, but does have some additional Windows 11 specific features. And as pointed out, it's pretty cheap.

I have the stock Windows 10 start menu on my work computer, and I still don't like it. Call me old fashioned, but I like Windows 7 (and previous) better. It's not that I can't use the Win10 start menu, it's just I'm happier with the Windows 7-like interface I get with Start10. Unfortunately, my work computer is locked down, so I can't install Start10 on it.

I also use "Fences" from Stardock. It gives you a lot of control over what you see on your desktop. Pretty nifty app.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com