Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Wow, I wish I were listening this live in a church, such a uplifting live feeling in playing and singing. Excellent vocals and layering. The guitar solo may surprise like Marty McFly, but that's why it has a convincing jaw-dropping effect. The band works perfectly, hand claps are especially nice.

Janne

Thank you Janne. Glad you liked it. And thanks for mentioning the
solo and the handclaps.

Your support is appreciated!

J&B

User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
J&B (and Peter):

Ho, hum . . . just another awesome production from you three. The BGVs just make this song for me . . . and that killer clapping therein. This is just so, so good. Great stuff!

My best to all of you,

Deej

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
as an ex choirboy, yep great effort by the 4T team.
great vocs etc.
it bops along nicely.
best
om

Thank you!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well, like anything you guys do ether original song or a version of an old one, this is no exception. You guys nailed!

Cheers

Mikeb.

Music should be part of your life
http://www.soundclick.com/blackcatjazzcafeband
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ronnie Fields
I love this arrangement to an old classic. Well done!!

Thanks Ronnie

J&B

Originally Posted By: dcuny
I like this one a lot. Fun, and vocals feel spot on.

Harmonies are great... obviously. wink Is that Janice on those low parts?

I've got mixed feelings about the guitar solo... which seems to me the intent. It should grate a bit, because it's demanding attention.

Love the claps!

Alleluia, amen! laugh

Glass you liked it. The low part is Peter. A bit out of Janice’s even contralto range. smile

J&B

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
This is a great rendition of a song that's been interpreted in so many ways over the years. Your version is one of my favorite interpretations.

Wonderful arrangement, production and performance by you guys. Enjoyed this one a lot.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Fantastic! Everything is perfect (vocals, guitar, the band, the mix, the production, the photo of Janice in the old church). One word Amen!

Bravo!

Congratulations to all involved.

Thank you for all and we appreciate the photo mention!

J&B

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Yes, we know the song (even those Dutch know it :D)
Great layers Janice.
This song invites to sing along. It's spot on.
Guitar solo is terrific!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks! Glad you know the song … we much appreciate your comments.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Very nice treatment of the old classic by all of you!

Janice always nails the vocal....too easy to take her for granted because she's always spot on!

Bud, as I've commented before, you should play on more of your tunes because it always sounds great!

Peter plays a smokin' lead here! I can go either way here in desiring a clean or gritty lead! I personally would lean toward a clean chicken pickn' sound but that's just me!

Nice work as always by you folks and we expect no less! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks for the supportive review and Bud appreciated your bass mention!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Janice, Bud and Peter,

I am away for some weeks and see what I missed; tons of nice music including your very swell gospel song that turns into some kind of Boogie. Wonderful preformce!
It starts with Janice, using a dark beautiful voice and before you know the mood turns exactly into what you can see in movies with a swinging gospelchurch (or something like that). Hallelujah!
There was a lot to listen to, but it all sounds very delicious. Especially that solo guitar!

Still swinging...,
Hans

Last edited by Birchwood; 02/08/22 03:48 AM.

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Dear Ms. Janice, 'PeterF', and Bud:

Pastor: (of their rousing performance, and against a tsumani of thunderous applause and assorted ecstatic voices young and old, testifying at a fever pitch in the background, black bodies jumping up and down, hands waving back and forth in the air, eyes closed in a transport of spiritual rapture, tamborines rattling, organ riffs like musical fireworks, drum rolls, cymbal explosions, shouts, screams and cries of liberating faith) "Choich say amen?"

Congregation voices, ad-libbed: "Amen, lawd, amen."

Pastor: (leaning forward behind the lecturn, one hand cupping an ear, as though he didn't hear them loudly enough) "Ah say, choich, say a-MEN???"

Congregation voices, ad-libbed: (with rafter-shaking applause) "Yes-SUH, Pastor, choich say a-men, a-men, A-MEN!!! Preach, brother! Come on, now. Bring it on down front. Bring it!"

Pastor: "Brutha Bud got da holy spirit?"

Congregation voices, ad-libbed: "Yass! Lawd today!"

Pastor: "Sistuh Janice got da hol' spirit?"

Congregation voices, ad-libbed: "Hal'lujah, Sistuh Janice! Yass, yass! Hear me, now!"

Pastor: "Brutha 'PeterF', he got de holy spirit?"

Congregation voices, ad-libbed: (in a roaring frenzy of divinely unleashed inspiration:) "Yass, Yass, YASS! Lawd, but da Holy Spirit is up in here TO-DAY!!! Sweet Jesus. Tell like it is."

Pastor: "Ohhh, my, my, MY, that joyful noise. Ah-huh. Well, all right, now, choich, all right. Praise him! And now, for their next musical testimonial to the powah of that ol' time religion..."

--------------------

P.S. Bud, I didn't know you played a musical instrument. Bass is the place! Great idea to add handclaps, too.

I was born and raised in the Roman Catholic church, but I'll worship in an African-American church any day, any where, any time!

Last edited by bluage; 02/09/22 12:26 AM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: firesong
Amen! Super arrangement! Vocals and harmonies are shining and the instrumentation is really great...can't say much more, 5 stars and another Amen!

Thanks. That means a lot to us!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hey this sounds really cool.

An excellent interpretation of the song and a unique adaptation.

Thanks David! Sorta unique. We were much influenced by Joe Bonamassa’s version.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Angelomusic
Really loved it, it lifts the spirit! All is great, guitars, vocals.
ps : with my headphone I had no issue hearing the bass

Thanks! “Lifts the spirit” is a wonderful
compliment to anybody who makes music.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Henry Clarke
HA!! You took me back to my Mother's church back in the country in Virginia the 60's. I was a city boy. The only thing missing were the old ladies with the cardboard fans going back and forth and the ushers dancing in the aisles!! Great performance, especially the beginning !! :-)

Thank you Henry. We have an old church fan hanging on a wall. I remember picking them up from a table as we entered the church. This would've been in the 50's when I (Bud) went to a small rural church with my grandparents. And thanks for mentioning the a cappella opening!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi folks. Please pardon the brevity of this but Janice and Peter have a new production on the forum and we did not want to repeatedly bounce this one. Thank you all so much.

Vic

Thanks, yes we were having fun!

J&B

Deej56

Thanks and glad you liked the BGV’s!

J&B

Pete

Thank you!

Charlie

We much appreciate that and even more given that you are familiar with other versions.

J&B

Hans,

Thanks so much. Glad that solo worked for you!

J&B

Bluage,

Wow many thanks! When a kid in the 50’s I (Bud) used to walk down a narrow dirt road near my grandmother’s house (South Georgia) and listen to the music from a small African-American church. I was taken with the sound and joy of it all - truly a joyful noise. If our production in any way brought to you those feelings then we are humbled and honored. Thank you.

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Janice Janice & Bud,

Great gospel. It is true that Janice's voice is still so pretty. The vocals are well done. You are professionals and it shows. All the instrumentation and the mix are perfect. I appreciated.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
H
Journeyman
Journeyman
H
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Originally Posted By: Henry Clarke
HA!! You took me back to my Mother's church back in the country in Virginia the 60's. I was a city boy. The only thing missing were the old ladies with the cardboard fans going back and forth and the ushers dancing in the aisles!! Great performance, especially the beginning !! :-)

Thank you Henry. We have an old church fan hanging on a wall. I remember picking them up from a table as we entered the church. This would've been in the 50's when I (Bud) went to a small rural church with my grandparents. And thanks for mentioning the a cappella opening!

J&B

I hope I got a chuckle out of you guys :-)

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Loved it! Great arrangement. I used to play in a band that considered adding this to the play list, but we just couldn't carry it off well so it was scrubbed. If we just would have tried it this way!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hand-clapping, soul-raising song. Superbly executed, from performance to production. And Janice can, as I'm well aware by now, sing anything and make it compelling listening. Her harmonies, especially the way she just knows when to go "under the note" a little, are a joy to hear. Congratulations to all involved!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
Loved it! Great arrangement. I used to play in a band that considered adding this to the play list, but we just couldn't carry it off well so it was scrubbed. If we just would have tried it this way!

Thanks Brad. We never played it back in our bluegrass band days although we did our share of up tempo gospel. Dunno why we never got around to it. Glad you liked it!

J&B

Originally Posted By: musician17
Hand-clapping, soul-raising song. Superbly executed, from performance to production. And Janice can, as I'm well aware by now, sing anything and make it compelling listening. Her harmonies, especially the way she just knows when to go "under the note" a little, are a joy to hear. Congratulations to all involved!

Thanks! We got in a bit deep with the number of tracks but it was fun.

J&B

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics82,020
Posts739,950
Members38,641
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Emily Wilson, tony10000, Berto Pastor, PeteA, DeezWaffles
38,640 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)