PG Music Home
The team put together an absolutely sensational and feature-packed arrangement of Boogie Wonderland.

There's not a weak link in this amazing performance. Fasten your seat-belt for this blistering delivery...

Yet another excellent cover by Leonid & Friends. As a bassist, I have extra appreciation. Leonid is the bassist and recording engineer. He may even do the mastering. My only quibble with this production is the, IMO, over-processing of the vocals, especially the male vocals. There's no "edge" to them.
Originally Posted by TheMaartian
Yet another excellent cover by Leonid & Friends. As a bassist, I have extra appreciation. Leonid is the bassist and recording engineer. He may even do the mastering. My only quibble with this production is the, IMO, over-processing of the vocals, especially the male vocals. There's no "edge" to them.
Agreed - though I'd add that some of the percussive accent overdubs are a little loud n jarring.
I would be extremely satisfied if I could produce a result like the result that Leonid and Friends has in this production.

Danil Buranov's vocal range is outstanding. I personally didn't find an issue.
Originally Posted by TheMaartian
Leonid is the bassist and recording engineer. He may even do the mastering.
Yes, he does the mastering - as well as all of the transcriptions, producing and mixing.
Trev, you've excelled yourself!
This is an amazing YouTube find.
Brilliant (and then some)!
Leonid certainly has some pretty amazing musical friends!
Thanks Noel.

Yes, it is challenging to find too much wrong (anything at all, really) - and on the other hand 'so much right' about this outstanding production.

I'm still trying to get my head around the enormous effort that must have gone into transcribing the original Earth, Wind and Fire arrangements, and to write the parts for so many performers, let along deliver this sensational performance.

True genius, that Leonid guy, and his Friends

Thanks for listening,
Trev
© PG Music Forums