PG Music Home
Posted By: Henry Clarke You Can Count on Me - Henry Clarke - 04/16/24 03:37 PM
Been away for a while doing a lot of "Nu Disco" music which is doing quite well on the streaming sites. However, being an "Old Soul" guy I did revert back to BIAB to create this track which surprising is also doing quite well on my Spotify garnering over 25k streams so far. The song was just a groove that I started and flushed out using a combination of a MIDI file and BIAB style. I'm not going to get into how I use MIDI files anymore. That seemed to go off the rails last time. Let's just say I know how to get what I want out of them :-)

Any I hope you like the song.

The style I used is Relaxed Acoustic Guitar Lite Pop.

Tracks were:
Bass
Organ
Acoustic Guitar
Acoustic Guitar 2
Synth Brass
Solo Guitar
Smooth Guitar
RealDrums
Percussion Loop

All the string lines were manually played by me through my M-Audio MIDI keyboard and Cakewalk/Bandlab VSTs. They were played directly into Bandlab.

Of course all vocals and harmonies were performed by me.

My typical equipment is
BIAB 2023
Bandlab for my DAW
M-Audio for keys
Shure SM7B for my mic
Focusrite for my USB controller
Effects iZotope Nectar, Autotune Live, Landr Voice, Sonitus Plugin Suite (Compressor, Reverb, Gate, etc..) Cakewalk/Bandlab suite)
Posted By: firesong Re: You Can Count on Me - Henry Clarke - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Henry...this is very a cool piece...love the groove...great vocals...they are stellar...the harmonies are excellent for sure...I like the whole thing but the vocal work was the standout for me...really enjoyed it!
Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: You Can Count on Me - Henry Clarke - 04/16/24 09:51 PM
Always nice to listen to your songs Henry, and this one is no exception. Beautiful vocal harmonies. Nice laid back groove with a wall of sound mix. Excellent as always.
Posted By: MarioD Re: You Can Count on Me - Henry Clarke - 04/16/24 11:15 PM
Henery, love the groove!
Outstanding vocal.
This sounds like it was mixed in a professional studio.
If I had heard this is a record store I would have bought it.
Outstanding work!
Posted By: DC Ron Re: You Can Count on Me - Henry Clarke - 04/17/24 09:27 AM
Henry, congratulations on your streaming success! This is a really infectious tune that updates classic songcraft with some nice modern touches. Pleasing production, too. This song really gets to the point of what makes a song popular: It has to be FUN for the listener. And this one certainly is. Think you have another hit!

Not sure what went off the rails for you before but hope you can share more of your technique with the group, since learning from the masters is part of the magic of this forum.

Enjoyed your tune, glad you're back!
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: You Can Count on Me - Henry Clarke - 04/17/24 01:25 PM
Hello, Henry. Missed ya, man, although I often check out your YT channel for guidance and inspiration. Love this one. Great feel and production with a sing-along melody. Very relatable. Yep, we can count on you for that pro sound, Henry.
© PG Music Forums