PG Music Home
Posted By: Brian Cadoret Drum Stems in VST plugin [Resolved] - 03/30/24 09:53 PM
Hi,

I've added a RealDrums style which includes 7 drum stems onto a utility track.
They show up as individual tracks in the VST plugin.
I render the tracks and transfer the tracks into my DAW so I can mix the levels.
Each track unfortunately is playing the full kit not the individual stems.
Is this a bug?
Posted By: Adar - PG Music Re: Drum Stems in VST plugin - 04/02/24 09:31 PM
Hi Brian,

Each stem is not completely isolated so you may hear the other drums slightly coming through. However, if you are hearing identical tracks of all stems at full volume then that is indeed a bug. Could you provide a few more details like which RealDrums you are using and the style that you are generating? It would be great if you could provide exact steps for me to follow to reproduce this problem.

Thank you!
Adar
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Drum Stems in VST plugin - 04/03/24 08:23 AM
What is the name of the RealDrums Style that you are using?
Posted By: Brian Cadoret Re: Drum Stems in VST plugin - 04/03/24 08:02 PM
Sorry I'm away from my recording computer for a few days, will get back.

Brian
Posted By: Brian Cadoret Re: Drum Stems in VST plugin - 04/04/24 11:49 AM
Hi,
I open the BBPlugin in my DAW and add a RealDrum ( TrainBeat) onto a utility track
Render the wav's in the plugin and then drag the wav's from the utilty tracks to the DAW.
Each track in the DAW is playing the full mix.
I've tried three different RD's and get the same outcome each time.

Thanks
Brian
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Drum Stems in VST plugin RESOLVED - 04/04/24 12:14 PM
All good then. Thanks for the feedback that it's now working.
Posted By: Brian Cadoret Re: Drum Stems in VST plugin - 04/04/24 12:16 PM
Sorry audiotrack you beat me to the post before I could change it.
I have tested again and found the issue in my previous post.

Brian
Posted By: Brian Cadoret Re: Drum Stems in VST plugin - 04/05/24 08:46 AM
Hi Adar,

I opened the BBPlugin in my DAW and added the stems RealDrums (TrainBeat for instance) onto a Utility Track.
I render the utility track wav's in the plugin and then drag the separate wav's from the utilty tracks to the DAW.

Each track in the DAW is playing the full mix of the drums
I've tried three different RD's and get the same outcome each time.

Thanks
Brian
Posted By: musocity Re: Drum Stems in VST plugin - 04/05/24 11:36 AM
This is what I get when using direct play of source files using Instructions or rendered wavs:

[Linked Image]

Attached File
BiabVST-6-Drum-Stems.gif  (125 downloads)
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: Drum Stems in VST plugin - 04/05/24 12:50 PM
Moulpass/ALL.
MP.

a question...the waveforms i'm seeing in your graphic ie resulting from micro info...
where is this data stored ?
in the users designated song folder ?. for example before i start a song i set up a win folder where all song tracks/info from the daw and bb and rb etc etc go so i dont have to search in other pc locations.

thanks.

om
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: Drum Stems in VST plugin - 04/05/24 02:09 PM
MP.

many thanks.
much appreciated.

om 🇨🇦 🇬🇧
Posted By: musocity Re: Drum Stems in VST plugin - 04/05/24 07:44 PM
In the pic below the top track is the new way to generate tracks in Reaper using the "Send" wav instruction, you see the source in the RealDrums folder, so no wavs are created, it will just load the sections from the RealDrums folder each time you load the project.

The second track has been rendered to a new wav file stored in C:\bb\BBPlugin\SavedTracks that can be moved to your Reaper project folder.

The first way on the top track is the best way as you will never loose the files and they are always in \bb\Drums and \bb\RealTracks, no wav files are created to fill up the hard drive or get lost.

[Linked Image]

Attached File
Posted By: Brian Cadoret Re: Drum Stems in VST plugin - 04/08/24 07:52 AM
Hi Adar,

Update to this bug.

I've opened the standalone BBPlugin and added various RealDrum stems onto a Utility Track.
I render the utility track wav's in the plugin and then play, all tracks in the standalone plugin play the full mix rather than individual stems.

The same happens when I drag the separate wav's from the utilty tracks to the DAW.
Each track in the DAW is playing the full mix of the drums.

Thanks
Brian
Posted By: musocity Re: Drum Stems in VST plugin - 04/08/24 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Brian Cadoret
..The same happens when I drag the separate wav's from the utilty tracks to the DAW.
Each track in the DAW is playing the full mix of the drums.
Can you upload a pic of the tracks in the DAW ?
Posted By: Brian Cadoret Re: Drum Stems in VST plugin RESOLVED - 04/10/24 02:42 PM
Hi,
So it seems that the Style has also got be be generated the same time as the Utility drum stems tracks for the stem tracks to render correctly.
I was just opening a new instance of the BBPlugin going straight to the Utility section, adding drum stems and generating only the Utiility tracks.

All good now thanks.
© PG Music Forums