PG Music Home
We’ve made a ChatPG AI based natural language knowledge base.
You can try it here: https://www.pgmusic.com/manuals/chat/
….. With more info.discussion here: https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=775492#Post775492

We will review the suggestions added here, and update the knowledge base every 1-2 weeks.
=———

Users can request/add knowledge to the ChatPG knowledge base.

if you find a question it didn’t answer, please post the question below [and answer if you know it], and we will add it to the knowledge base.
Use the format: (example)
Q. What is a hot key to print?
A. The hot key to print is Control P.
That is a great addition. I'm pleased that you will curate what gets added, rather than allowing us users to add to it ourselves.

Did all the FAQ entries get added yet? EDIT: never mind, the other thread says Yes!
Hi Matt,

Currently we have added Sales FAQs for Band-in-a-Box Windows & Mac.

Thanks!
Originally Posted By: Catherine
Hi Matt,

Currently we have added Sales FAQs for Band-in-a-Box Windows & Mac.

Thanks!
Thanks. So the product FAQ tips aren’t entered yet? Ok.
Great feature, thanks!
if you find a question it didn’t answer, please post the question below [and answer if you know it], and we will add it to the knowledge base.
Q: Where is the list of VST locations stored?
A: (Current answer) The context information provided does not mention the specific location where the list of VST's (Virtual Studio Technology) is stored.
Originally Posted by MoultiPass
A: It depends on the PCs, mine are stored behind La Grange, it's great.
Yes, that's great. But PG Music specifically asked:

The ChatPG Knowledge Base didn't know the answer to the question, so this is just to give them feedback for their opportunity to add the answer to their ChatPG knowledge base.
Originally Posted by AudioTrack
A: It depends on the PCs, mine are stored behind La Grange, it's great.
Yes, that's great. But PG Music specifically asked:

The ChatPG Knowledge Base didn't know the answer to the question, so this is just to give them feedback for their opportunity to add the answer to their ChatPG knowledge base.

Q: Where is the list of VST locations stored on my C: drive?
A: The list of VST locations on your C: drive is stored in the Band-in-a-Box configuration file. Unfortunately, the context provided does not specifically mention the exact location of this configuration file.

We can have fun for a long time. The more specific the question, the more specific the answer.

My VSt are in Steinberg\vst, but for another user they will be directly in VST only. If you know the answer, as PG asks, provide it.
Sorry, maybe translation is the issue. I have no intention to have fun, but my intention is to assist another user to solve a problem. I don't know the answer, and neither does ChatPG. Frankly, your answer is exactly the same as the one I got. ChatPG doesn't know the answer.

I'm just trying to help another user, I'm not having fun, I'm spending a lot of time and effort to assist someone else with a problem. Please see this post. This is what I am exploring and trying to help a user resolve an issue. Perhaps you could provide effort to help the user to find the solution instead?
Part of the problem here is that VSTs are stored in several different places depending on the type (VST2/3) and the vendor's choice.

This is a search from Linux of my Windows C: partition for folders for VSTs, i.e., folders having a name including 'vst' in any mix of case.
I doubt that this is a complete list. (Actually, I know it isn't because BIAB's bb/Data/libx64 is not there.)

$ find . -type d -name "*[vV][sS][tT]*"
./Program Files/Common Files/VST2
./Program Files/Common Files/VST3
./Program Files/Common Files/VST3/sforzando.vst3
./Program Files/Common Files/VST3/Surge Synth Team/Surge XT Effects.vst3
./Program Files/Common Files/VST3/Surge Synth Team/Surge XT.vst3
./Program Files/Garritan/ARIA Player/VST
./Program Files/VstPlugins
./Program Files/Native Instruments/VSTPlugins 32 bit
./Program Files/Native Instruments/VSTPlugins 64 bit
./Program Files/Plogue/sforzando/VST
./Program Files/Steinberg/VSTPlugins
./Program Files (x86)/Common Files/VST2
./Program Files (x86)/VstPlugins
Q: How do I split a horn section RealTrack to separate stems?

No answer
the question I asked was
"how do I format a text chord progression to copy it and paste into band-in-a-box"

the answer it gave included the advice to use a space or a comma between chords - however I found that didn't work at all. I could note paste directly in and the the "Paste Special - from Clipboard text to song(s)" requires the bar "|" between chords.

Something else (with Band-in-a-box not the chatbot) was that some of the bars with two chords didn't paste in but others did - same chords and formatting. Odd.
Originally Posted by Neil S
the question I asked was
"how do I format a text chord progression to copy it and paste into band-in-a-box"

the answer it gave included the advice to use a space or a comma between chords - however I found that didn't work at all. I could note paste directly in and the the "Paste Special - from Clipboard text to song(s)" requires the bar "|" between chords.

Something else (with Band-in-a-box not the chatbot) was that some of the bars with two chords didn't paste in but others did - same chords and formatting. Odd.

You do know that ChatGPT will do all the formating for you? Right?
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=797470#Post797470
As typical for BIAB, how well this all works is yet to be fully verified but my preliminary efforts look very favorable.
Quick Example for Free Version of ChatGPT

[Linked Image]

Use the Copy Button from the image above and paste into BIAB chord chart.

[Linked Image]

If you want anything different just explain to ChatGPT what to change.

Attached picture Screenshot 1.png
Attached picture Screenshot 2.png
元の投稿者 AudioTrack
引用
A: (Current answer) The context information provided does not mention the specific location where the list of VST's (Virtual Studio Technology) is stored.
The list of VST locations is stored in the text files in the DX Settings folder (e.g., C:\bb\DX Settings). This information is now included in the ChatPG knowledge base. Please ask the same question to ChatPG. It should be able to answer this time.

Michi
Documentation & Localization
PG Music Inc.
Originally Posted by AudioTrack

It may be the way the question is framedand often a series of them are needed to clarify. i. "Where are the VST stored?" ii. "Is there a list of places VSTs are stored?" iii. "Where is the list of VST locations stored?" etc. The A.I. is still learning its way around a complex language that is often used in unclear &/or convoluted ways. Given that specific information has now been provided for it to have an answer my comments may be redundant BUT I suspect they may have currency for a while.
Originally Posted by DrDan
If you want anything different just explain to ChatGPT what to change.
Yep, it's a conversation with minor adjustments to the question or instruction until the result is satisfactory.
© PG Music Forums