PG Music Home
I read that +++ "I Feel Love" +++ by Donna Summer is one of six singles chosen to be inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 2024.

It has been awhile since I listened to the song but I've always liked it. If you want to hear what ear candy can sound like listen to this through earphones.

+++ "I Feel Love" +++ by Donna Summer
If you like that, try the 12" version

BTW, this was before the sequencer was introduced, so some poor soul had to play that for more than 8 minutes.
Ahead of its time then. It could even be current airplay today.
There is another video of the same song that has better video that I didn't select because the backing tracks are reconstructed. It turns out the backing tracks for "I Feel Love" are lost but the original lead and background vocals are still around.

Anyhow this other video includes studio footage where the producer and Donna Summer are sitting at a mixing console with Moogs and other synths of the era filling up much of the mixing desk.

Patch chords run the sound through multiple pieces of equipment to achieve the sound you hear. Each piece of equipment normally had one oscillator or generator so it was kinda like a guitar player running the guitar output through a pedal board where each pedal performs a single function.
It's the catchy and meaningful heartfelt lyrics that make this song Grammy worthy!!
© PG Music Forums