PG Music Home
Posted By: mrgeeze Setlist - sheet music software (IOS) - 03/30/24 04:21 PM
Looking at an app (ios) to order sheet music by setlist.
Played a gig yesterday (windy) and stuff blew everywhere.
Ready to try to ditch paper at the gigs.

Want to create setlists for performance. Hopfully software imports or references pdf's from a folder in my cloud drive.
Next song previous song. Nothing fancy

Don't need/want any musical accompaniment

Prefer something that works with Pdf's, Thats mostly what I have

I find a few apps at the store, wondering if this group has any preferences
Again IOS.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Setlist - sheet music software (IOS) - 03/30/24 05:20 PM
I use ForScore with my iPad, plus an AirTurn Duo 500 foot pedal to turn pages. It imports PDFs from lots of ways, including Dropbox or the Cloud.
Posted By: SaxaBruce Re: Setlist - sheet music software (IOS) - 03/30/24 05:29 PM
I looked at a few tools in the App Store and after talking with a few musician friends who work with a lot of sheet music I settled on ForScore. It runs on my iPad and I use it for performance setlists to serve up my PDF leadsheets in the exact order I want for the gig. Along with an AirTurn BT500 for hands-free page turning. ForScore on the iPad also works well also instead of a binder when singing in the community choir. I can annotate as needed which is quite useful whether I'm playing or singing.

You say you don't want or need any musical accompaniment. Should that ever change, I'll share that I also use ForScore for playing the backing tracks I've created with BIAB through my gig PA. This makes it easy to control everything from the iPad in a standalone fashion and the iPhone can serve as a backup in emergencies.
Posted By: mrgeeze Re: Setlist - sheet music software (IOS) - 03/30/24 09:37 PM
$20 for the app?
FWIW, the apps my friends and I use are ForeScore, iGigBook or MobileSheets, all of which do similar things. I use MobileSheets; I haven't tried the other two.

For open-air events, tablets can be hard to read, especially if wearing sunglasses, so for those I take paper sheets and suitable clips to stop them blowing away.
Posted By: mrgeeze Re: Setlist - sheet music software (IOS) - 03/30/24 11:07 PM
Gordon,
I use a tab at gigs now when playing solo. Outside it can be a pain due to sunlight and heat. I've had my tablet overheat a time or two and just shut down. Tracks just stopped playing in the middle of the tune. Took me a second to fire up the phone while the tablet cools down.

You just never know what will happen.
But you know it will
Originally Posted by mrgeeze
Gordon,
I use a tab at gigs now when playing solo. Outside it can be a pain due to sunlight and heat. I've had my tablet overheat a time or two and just shut down. Tracks just stopped playing in the middle of the tune. Took me a second to fire up the phone while the tablet cools down.

You just never know what will happen.
But you know it will
My keyboard has a black-painted steel body and on sunny days I regularly wipe it over with cold water to keep is at least cool enough to touch ... a test/gazebo is definitely a good idea. I've not had any of my tablets overheat, but maybe they're just not bright enough to do that.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Setlist - sheet music software (IOS) - 03/31/24 05:10 PM
Gordon, on my iPhone and iPad, the brightness of the displays are not what causes a shutdown (although that will drain the battery more quickly). It’s the ambient temperature. And of course anything on the dash of a car can easily overheat and be unusable for many minutes even when cooled.
Posted By: mrgeeze Re: Setlist - sheet music software (IOS) - 04/02/24 10:51 PM
I paid them the $20...
Installed the Mac version on my main rig. Added a bunch of scores (Pdf's)
Created 3 setlists for a gig this friday.

Installed the IOS version on my IPad.
Synched with no issues.

Barely read the manual.

So far it looks pretty good.
Does what its supposed to
© PG Music Forums