PG Music Home
There's been recent discussion about increasing the stable of RealTrack artists on the Forum. Two unique guitarists that are popular YouTube performers are Josh Turner_ Josh Turner Guitar page and a friend on his channel, Toni Lindgren.

Either or both would be great additions as RealTracks artist performers.

Josh Turner Guitar
+1
Posted By: MarioD Re: Recommendation for new RealTrack Artists - 10/02/21 09:55 AM
+1
Charlie, that’s a great idea. We usually post here about the type of RealTrack we would like, but not so much an artist who would be excellent playing it.
Thanks. I wasn't sure of the best forum to post but just hoping that the idea gets to the staff.
Yes, Josh is an extremely accomplished and talented performer.

+1
Anyone who sounds like / is influenced by:

Phoebe Bridgers

Finneas / Billie Eilish

Taylor Swift

Bruno Mars

Harry Styles

Justin Bieber

Lizzy McAlpine

Kacey Musgraves

Max Martin / all the modern Scandinavian pop/rock writers/producers

modern artists / current Youtube producers/musicians
including Sammy Copley, Reina Del Cid, Tony Lindgren, Doug Hanson, Swatkins, Scary Pockets (Pomplamoose)
Kid Anderson is a great blues guitarist and producer. I’m guessing he would be happy to do it.

Gordon “Sax Gordon” Beadle is a fabulous sax player who has played on hundreds of albums.

Mark Teixeira
Is a great blues drummer. Best known as the long time drummer for Duke Robilard. I don’t remember if there’s ever been an artist drummer.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Recommendation for new RealTrack Artists - 10/20/23 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Charlie Fogle
There's been recent discussion about increasing the stable of RealTrack artists on the Forum. Two unique guitarists that are popular YouTube performers are Josh Turner_ Josh Turner Guitar page and a friend on his channel, Toni Lindgren.

Either or both would be great additions as RealTracks artist performers.

Both are outstanding guitarist.

A BIG +1
I'm also a +1 for Josh Turner (often posts under the name Joshua Lee Turner, in order to not be confused by the country singer from a few years back of the same name - Josh Turner). I've been following him for the past 6 or 67 years.

Also, a +1 for Toni Lindgren.
Plus one for Toni and Josh.
+1
George Porter, Jr., John Scofield(thanks for adding Mike Stern), John McLaughlin, Brian Stoltz, Leo Nocentelli, Robben Ford, Larry Carlton, Tower Of Power horns, David Garibaldi drums, Marc van Wageningen bass.
Yes, a wider selection of guest artists would make the real tracks and styles more appealing. In moving forward, maybe the PG staff could pay attention to the “sound” that the artist is typically known for and match that to the style they’re going for. For country pedal steel, I prefer the darker, lusher tones of Mike Johnson, Nashville staffer on the country reunion shows hosted by Bill Anderson. I’d prefer his “tone” in styles over those currently available, even tho’ they are all great players.
For some reason, this endorsement of two specific musicians turned into a place to request others. I recommend each of you start your own threads.
© PG Music Forums