PG Music Home
Posted By: Izzy The Fire In Her Eyes - 04/27/24 06:27 AM
Thanks to all who listened and commented on my first song.
This Song began life as an up tempo Rocker but somehow morphed into a plodding Folk Ballad. How does that happen?
If you feel inclined please comment good or bad.
Lyrics on SC.

The Potpourri...................
2537 Guitar
1828 Guitar
1827 Bass
1766 Mandolin
2975 Vocal Oohs-Aahs
Mixcraft chorused acoustic guitar (bridge)
Mixcraft Synth flute
RealDrums PopModernGroove
CBALCEL.STY , SPOPSLW.STY
Tempo 85bpm.
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Fire In Her Eyes - 04/29/24 11:04 PM
"This Song began life as an up tempo Rocker but somehow morphed into a plodding Folk Ballad. How does that happen?" The answer of course is BiaB. I have had my style choices changed many times because of BiaB!

Great song.
I liked your style in this one.
Super dynamics.
Great vocal, backing tracks, and mix.
Excellent intro and ending also.
Posted By: DC Ron Re: The Fire In Her Eyes - 04/30/24 11:03 AM
Izzy, very ambitious arrangement that really works. Like your instrument choices and vocals a lot. The song reminds me of Cowgirl in the Sand, and early Neil Young in general, which is not a bad thing in my book. Well done!
Posted By: rsdean Re: The Fire In Her Eyes - 04/30/24 12:15 PM
Izzy,

Great song. Like Ron, I get a strong Neil Young vibe. Very nice. Excellent mix as well.

Bob
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: The Fire In Her Eyes - 04/30/24 01:29 PM
Ah, I like it when a song takes on a life of its own, and you did a great job cultivating its development, Izzy. I like the breaks --very dynamic how you bring them back. Good mix, and I like your choice of musicians. Or was that the song's choice? You and your song make a great team.
Posted By: gman97040 Re: The Fire In Her Eyes - 04/30/24 04:36 PM
There are a lot of changes in the progression of the song and that makes you want to hear what is next as it progresses. Others mentioned Neil Young but I think I hear a little Peter Gabriel in your vocals as well.
Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: The Fire In Her Eyes - 04/30/24 05:54 PM
Very Neil Young song... lyrics are great, Love that little break down at around 0:045 then it gets bigger ...
Cool production, and overall song. Great listen.
Posted By: Izzy Re: The Fire In Her Eyes - 05/01/24 02:55 AM
Sorry for the late reply as I have been away.Thank you Mario, Ron, Bob, Marty, gman97040 (sorry.don't know your name) & Elliot (whose songwriting I admire)
for taking the time to listen and your comments which I very much appreciate. (That is 100% honest)

OK Time to fess up.
You are all very astute with the Cigar going to Ron. Good catch Ron.
Here is my "Yeah I know" list..............
1. I shoulda given full disclosure in my op,........but I was curious.
2. I shouldn't take Picasso's famous quote litterally.
3. I will burn in hell (but I was already on my way)
4. Stealing makes me a far lesser songwriter ....Oy, hang on.........
I'm sure Y'all could (and will) add to this list and I will deserve all of your derision and I wiil take it on the chin, yessiree.
Finally I promise that I will never do this again....ever,....maybe....Yeah I know.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: The Fire In Her Eyes - 05/03/24 02:12 AM
Faintly reminiscent of Peter Gabriel in Genesis. Has some intriguing qualities that make it very interesting.

Neil Young? Probably.

Very close. Was it lifted??? I dunno. I look forward to other thoughts. I had to go back and listen to Cowgirl. It is close for sure.

The musical qualities are good enought that you don't need to flirt with copyright stuff. If the melody line is too close just change it.
Posted By: WaoBand Re: The Fire In Her Eyes - 05/03/24 12:21 PM
I really honestly hate to say it, but if this song was released as a commercial single you'd very soon be sued for copyright infringement because the main melody (other than verse 3) is clearly the same as in Neil Young's "Cowgirl In the Sand". Even if you're playing in a different key it's the exactly same pattern and the song itself mirrors the meter of NY's.

I've been a fan of NY since the 60s and I love playing his songs myself, plus I've written my own mirror lyrics to his "Tell Me Why" - my versions is titled "That Is Why" - because I couldn't relate to his lyrics so just for personal enjoyment I wrote my own. That's totally legal, but if I was to produce a recording of it and try to sell it I'd be infringing copyright as it's not my music. Even if your song isn't for sale the very fact that you're publicly posting it and saying it's 100% yours is an infringement of copyright. You really should take this post down.

The copyright infringement here is so obvious that very sadly I've had to report it to the forum moderator.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: The Fire In Her Eyes - 05/03/24 09:06 PM
Hi Izzy,

I just read what Wao wrote. That's a serious thing! But I'm not so familiair with all songs from NY.
On the other hand I was pleased with what I heard from you.
Think you had a great intro, good melody, lyrics and vocals.
That morphing thing wasn't so obvious, so can't comment on how it happened. I think the flow of the song did that.
You have a very interesting style, although, style...? I only heard 2 songs from you.
But I like it a lot. If I could wish me something: a bit more emotion in the vocals.
They feel cold.
In your 3rd song?

Hans
Posted By: Izzy Re: The Fire In Her Eyes - 05/04/24 03:08 AM
Hi Folks.
I will admit that my cred sucking "compannion piece" was a little too close to the bone. (it's a long story). After it becomes an international mega hit I will text Neil and request that he donates 100% of the royalties to a charity of his choice. I hang my head in shame alongside my fellow larcenists

Which segues into another can of worms. Please go to the songwriters forum.
© PG Music Forums