PG Music Home
Posted By: Bass Thumper Scaler 2 Upgrade problems - 04/25/24 06:38 PM
I'm trying to upgrade to ver 2.9 but am having troubles.
When I click on the Scaler logo to bring up the menu (see red rectangle) nothing happens; I can't bring up the Help/About.

Anyone else run into this?

Attached picture Screenshot 51.jpg
Posted By: DrDan Re: Scaler 2 Upgrade problems - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
You need to go to your account at https://www.pluginboutique.com/myaccount
Then carefully select Download 2.9.0 and either Win Or Mac. that should do it for you
Posted By: shlind Re: Scaler 2 Upgrade problems - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
I logged in at my account at Plugin Boutique at downloaded it from there.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Scaler 2 Upgrade problems - 04/25/24 07:06 PM
They are in process of renaming Scaler2 to Scaler based on users requesting it. You can verify what version by looking in the "Gear" for the help/about menu. Howver, I did click on the logo and it did bring up the version?

By the way, Scaler V3 will be droping in a few months.
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: Scaler 2 Upgrade problems - 04/25/24 07:36 PM
Thanks guys. I was able to download it ok.
In the previous version the About/Help and the gear were both inoperative, but Windows required an upgrade too.
I'm thinking the inoperative gear and the need to upgrade Windows were linked somehow.

Also, calling something "Scaler 2" never made much sense to me, dropping the 2 does.

Now the continued task of learning this "beast" continues.
I think my brain is wired differently than these programmer's; very little of this plug-in is intuitive to me.
Posted By: jpettit Re: Scaler 2 Upgrade problems - 04/25/24 10:17 PM
This includes a fix to Studio One 6.6 GUI and authorization problems with Scaler2.
I've had problems in the past installing the latest update on Windows, unless you temporarily turn off Windows defender.
© PG Music Forums