PG Music Home
Dreamtonics has just announced they are working on a real-time vocal morphing plugin:

https://forum.synthesizerv.com/t/topic/12254

This looks like RVC (real-time vocal changer) for the masses. If you were interested in changing the timbre of vocals, but didn't want to deal with the complexity of setting up an RVC, this looks like a solution.

It's interesting how they've tried to address the problem of people illegally using other people's voices.

My main interest in this is being able to have a wider range of timbres for my demo songs. But there are a number of people on the forum who no longer can sing to the level they used to who might be interested in having a tool that allowed them to "sing again", so to speak.

How convincing those vocal clones are remains to be seen. I've heard a number of songs that use RVC to change the singer, and in order to work, the base vocal needs to be fairly close to the target singer.

I think this is another example of how technologies are quickly moving from "experimental" to commercial. But is there really much demand for this, outside of people who want to hear their songs sung by Paul McCartney? I'm not sure.
I just registered for beta testing. Wish me luck.
Originally Posted by DrDan
I just registered for beta testing. Wish me luck.
Good luck!

And me, too. wink

This is exactly what Don Gaynor would have loved.
© PG Music Forums