PG Music Home
Posted By: makingmelody Any other KPOP fans out there? - 04/16/24 05:49 AM
Hey everyone,

I've been really into KPOP groups like BTS, Blackpink, and Twice lately. The music is just so catchy and high energy. Have any of you gotten into KPOP recently? I'm always looking for new groups to check out. What are some other popular KPOP artists I should listen to?

It's also so fascinating to learn more about the KPOP industry and culture. The idols train for so long and have such intense schedules. And the fans are so dedicated too! Some of the fan chants are super impressive.

I'm curious if there are any other KPOP lovers on the forums. It would be great to chat about our favorite groups and songs. Maybe we can even put together a KPOP playlist to share. Let me know if you have any recommendations for me to check out!
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Any other KPOP fans out there? - 04/16/24 02:57 PM
I don't know that I would say I love it, but I do enjoy it here and there. My daughter likes it along with a lot of the boy band stuff. It is definitely catchy and well produced in every aspect. Their fans a crazy devoted. It has really become a culture onto itself.
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Any other KPOP fans out there? - 04/16/24 06:08 PM
I didn't even know it was a thing, until my Daughter who is a Senior Producer for "The Martin Agency" showed me a TV commercial she was working on, that featured some K-Pop artist/celebrity she had worked with...
I'm not a fan, but it is interesting phenomena...
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Any other KPOP fans out there? - 04/16/24 11:01 PM
There seems to be a lot of interest in K-Pop in the US.

The music reminds me a lot of the music put out by US boy bands of the eighties and nineties. Groups like New Kids on the Block and NSync recorded a lot of well crafted and produced hit pop songs. The K-Pop bands are presenting pop songs that are just as good today. J-Pop (Japan Pop) is another genre that is gaining traction in the US.
Posted By: makingmelody Re: Any other KPOP fans out there? - 04/23/24 04:15 AM
@HearToLearn I'm glad to hear you and your daughter have been enjoying Kpop - it really is catchy and high-energy. Fan devotion for groups is impressive. As mentioned in the article, BTS holds the number 1 spot on Spotify's most followed K-pop groups with around 71.6 million followers for songs like "Permission to Dance": https://gowithguide.com/blog/tourism-in-south-korea-statistics-2023-all-you-need-to-know-5254 The dedication of Kpop idols is admirable, training so hard. shocked
Posted By: makingmelody Re: Any other KPOP fans out there? - 04/23/24 04:44 AM
@bloc-head Yeah KPOP has really blown up globally in the last few years! I had no idea about it either until I started seeing BTS perform at awards shows on American TV. It's really fascinating how massive the fanbases are. I'm always up for discovering new music, so even though I'm not super into it yet, I appreciate you sharing your experience with your daughter working with a KPOP artist. Who was it, if you don't mind me asking?
Posted By: makingmelody Re: Any other KPOP fans out there? - 04/23/24 04:53 AM
Originally Posted by Jim Fogle
There seems to be a lot of interest in K-Pop in the US.

The music reminds me a lot of the music put out by US boy bands of the eighties and nineties. Groups like New Kids on the Block and NSync recorded a lot of well crafted and produced hit pop songs. The K-Pop bands are presenting pop songs that are just as good today. J-Pop (Japan Pop) is another genre that is gaining traction in the US.

You make a really interesting comparison of KPOP to boy bands from the 80s and 90s. I can totally hear the similarities now that you mention it. A lot of those older American boy bands also had intricate dance routines and concepts around their image. And the high quality of the songs is consistent between them. It's cool to see how KPOP is carrying on that tradition with their own unique creative flair. I'll have to check out some JPOP too since you mentioned it's become popular as well. smile
© PG Music Forums