PG Music Home
Posted By: joden When going to style picker screens freeze..... - 03/05/24 06:50 PM
Started the day with a new issue for BIAB on Mac....program opens, songs load and play, however when I go to Style Picker, the screens (both background main BIAB view and Style Picker) freeze. No close controls as can be seen in the pic, and no instruments display in the lower left box.

Have to force quite the app.

Re-booting, ejecting and re-loading the audiophile drive makes no difference.

Anyone else see this?

Attached picture Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 5.42.20 am.png
You exit the StylePicker with OK or Cancel button... What does the bottom of the window look like? Can you Command+Tab and/or click and drag the title bar to move the window around?
Originally Posted by Andrew - PG Music
You exit the StylePicker with OK or Cancel button... What does the bottom of the window look like? Can you Command+Tab and/or click and drag the title bar to move the window around?

Nope doesn't work, as I wrote the screens freeze. NO controls work...normally those round dots at the top are the usual Apple red, yellow and green...these (two only) are blank. So that and the fact the screens are frozen tells me something is awry!
normally those round dots at the top are the usual Apple red, yellow and green...these (two only) are blank.

This part seems normal, as the traffic light controls are usually disabled in the StylePicker in my testing as well. It seems like there must be a hidden dialog awaiting input for some reason.

Test factory settings..
1. Close Band-in-a-Box.
2. Put a file called safemode.txt in the Band-in-a-Box "Preferences" folder.
3. Open Band-in-a-Box - splash screen should have red text "Safe mode" on it, and that confirms the name and location of the text file is correct.
4. See if the problem still happens.
Thanks Andrew, yep get the red text and the problem still exists....I am seeing the instruments at the bottom now, however I cannot get back out of Style Picker window....even if I try to click on the main view window I can just see behind the style picker window in the background. Nothing happens, locked!
When this used to happen with me, BIAB did not know the location of my Real Tracks and Drum folders. With 2023, that stopped being an issue and I could navigate to the correct location without my screen freezing.
Originally Posted by Mike Halloran
When this used to happen with me, BIAB did not know the location of my Real Tracks and Drum folders. With 2023, that stopped being an issue and I could navigate to the correct location without my screen freezing.

That's all ok too Mike
How are you opening the StylePicker, specifically?
Originally Posted by Andrew - PG Music
How are you opening the StylePicker, specifically?

top left choosing it from the selection boxes there.
You should post what macOS and version of BIAB you are using. We know audiophile but not the year. The info might make a difference.

Even better, if incorporated in your signature, no one has to guess.
That's not clear... selection boxes? It was a bit of a long shot, but I thought it might be related to how you are opening the StylePicker, since there are a few different ways. For example, you can use the main StylePicker button, you can use the drop-down menu on the style name, keyboard shortcuts, main menu...

One way is if you're in the Chord sheet, type S followed by Enter.

Once you are in the StylePicker, does ESC work to exit?
© PG Music Forums