PG Music Home
Posted By: Melary BIAB tablature - 02/12/24 03:36 AM
Hello,
Is there a way to create C6 or C13 tablature from written notation?
I'm running BIAB 2022 for Mac. Thanks.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: BIAB tablature - 02/12/24 07:34 PM
Hello Melary and welcome to the forum.

I don't clearly understand your question. Are you wanting to create tablature for an instrument beside the six string guitar?

Page 174 of the 2023 Band-in-a-Box for Mac User manual details the steps to create guitar tab from written notation. I'm sorry but I don't have a manual for 2022 Band-in-a-Box for Mac.
Posted By: mrgeeze Re: BIAB tablature - 02/14/24 06:07 PM
Possibly the poster referring to tunings for steel guitar (pedal and/or non-pedal).
Lots of variables there. number of strings and layout of the chords/accidentals etc.

For example. a C6 "Junior Brown" differs from a classic C6 (assuming 8 string neck =. ACEGACEG) in that the low A is usually raised to a Bb to give you a C7 if you want it.
Its been a few years since I messed on those things. A very humbling experience playing a pedal steel guitar.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: BIAB tablature - 02/14/24 11:22 PM
Pedal steel guitar was also my first thought. Lap steel is another possibility but until Melary returns and updates the thread everyone is left guessing.

The guitar fretboard window is a little more flexible than many are aware though as it can display 17 different string instrument fretboards.
© PG Music Forums