PG Music Home
Using 2024 RB for pretty much the first time, but have used BB for decades. Opened an SGU file with about 10 tracks. RB displays them and loads of empty ones for a total of 256. Two questions:

1- How do I stop RB from generating the empty tracks, thus making it much easier to scroll through the tracks with actual data?
2- If #1 isn’t possible, how can I quickly delete the empty tracks from the screen and only see the tracks in my SGU file?

Thanks,
Hi Ralph,

It sounds like BIAB might be loading the notation for the Realtracks. This notation is in MIDI-file format.

If you don't want the notation to load, under "Options >>> Preferences" there is a tab called "7-Song Generation". The last option in that list is "When generating Realtracks, also generate Realcharts". If you deactivate that and reload the SGU or MGU file, you should have significantly less tracks being used.

Regards,
--Noel
Noel,

Thanks for the tip. However, my RB doesn't have that option checked. Yet, I still get MIDI notation tracks on some of my latest, more complex SGU files. One older, and simple, one doesn’t show any MIDI, but does show “Untitled” tracks up to #256. Any way to get rid of those on untitled tracks?

Thanks for your help.
Hi Ralph,

It's pretty quick to get rid of these tracks manually.

(1) Right-click on a track.
(2) At the very bottom of the pop-up menu, select "Track".
(3) Click on "Erase".

This can also be done with multiple tracks...

(4) Select the first track you want to delete.
(5) Press the CTRL key and hold it down.
(6) Right-click on the remaining tracks you want to delete.
(7) Check that the right tracks are selected.
(8) Follow points (2)and (3) above.

If you make a mistake, CTRL+Z will undo the deletion.

I hope this helps!
--Noel
Originally Posted by HogTime
Noel,

... one doesn’t show any MIDI, but does show “Untitled” tracks up to #256. Any way to get rid of those on untitled tracks?

Thanks for your help.

RB has 256 tracks now, so you would see 'Untitled' all the up to 256. That is default behavior .. I saw somewhere a way to Hide some unused tracks but I think that was in the Mixer area, not the Tracks view .. though I may be wrong.
You can use Reaper if you want to import all the identical tracks and sections instantly with Open SGU in Reaper without the midi or 256 empty tracks.

[Linked Image]
To those who have commented recently, sorry for the delay. Got sidetracked on other projects.

Noel: Tried your suggestion and it only works on tracks that actually have data in them. I want to get rid of empty tracks.

rharv: I looked at the manual regarding mixer mode and there is an option to hide “unused” tracks when playing. That's not what I want, though. I don't want them to show up at all.

musocity: Thanks for the suggestion of using Reaper, but I've already started learning Audacity. So, I'll stick with that.

Thanks to those with Real Band suggestions. However, I think I can do what I want without using it ……maybe. TBD. smile
© PG Music Forums