PG Music Home
I open RB which worked fine yesterday and get the error msg and the program quits. Any ideas?
Hi Bob.

I had that happen today, too, with my Audiophile installation. I have contacted PG Music and I'm now awaiting an answer. I'll let you know the outcome.

Asa temporary work around, it is possible to start RB if you turn off automatic time sync'ing and set the date back to January 1, 2024.

Regards,
--Noel
thanks Noel -glad its not just me........how do I 'turn off automatic time sync'ing and set the date back to January 1, 2024.'

is that a windows fix or an RB tweak?
Bob,

If you are running Windows 11...

1) Right click on the clock (lower right of screen)

2) Select "Adjust date and time".

3) Turn off "Set time automatically".

4) Once you've disabled "Set time automatically", "Set date and time manually" appears and there is a "Change" button to the right of that.

Regards,
--Noel
thanks Noel - i suppose i could have worked that out for myself but my ageing brain is getting more and more feeble...............
Originally Posted by Bob Calver
I open RB which worked fine yesterday and get the error msg and the program quits. Any ideas?

This is happening to me. win 10. I open it and it says above message and shuts down. Noel's solution not working for me. Thanks.
I am on EST USA.
Josie
tried Live Chat - they have told the developers but only suggestion is reinstall 2023. no idea how long it will take to get a fix
Noel's fix works for me - telling the PC its Jan 1st allows the program to run
Thanks Bob, I'll reinstall it later and be back if it still doesn't work. Haven't got time right now.
Josie
Livechat don't recommend this fix as they say you shouldn't play around with Windows settings but its easy to try and easy to restore the correcrt date when you finish using RB but as they say............its up to you

i have no idea how long the fix will take but they say they are 'actively' working on it and PG are good cutomer foussed company
I've pinned a post to this forum - we'll update it as soon as we have more information - and a resolution!

UPDATE: It's resolved!!! Download the free patch at https://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20243
Great news! We are working on an update patch to resolve this, which will be available later today.

UPDATE: It's resolved!!! Download the free patch at https://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20243
well done PG. we've had bugs before but never a complete failure. but its fixed so thank you
I haven't used BIAB and Realband for awhile but I just upgraded from 2015 to 2024.
I'm getting this same expiration issue message and the RB shuts down.
I downloaded the free patch and place it in the RB folder,
but it did not correct the expiration issue message and Realband is still shutting down.
I assume I've missed a vital step or two getting this downloaded patch to activate.
Anyone have a clue what I might be doing wrong ?
It sounds like you may have downloaded the file but didn't run the executable. Download the patch to your desktop or download folder, then click on the realband_2024_udate_build3.exe file to install it.
Originally Posted by Del
It sounds like you may have downloaded the file but didn't run the executable. Download the patch to your desktop or download folder, then click on the realband_2024_udate_build3.exe file to install it.

Works great.
Thank you Del
Bill
Oh super. Hat sofort geklappt mit dem Patch, war schon am verzweifeln auf der Suche nach Lösungen.
Vielen Dank Callie

DVilla
© PG Music Forums