PG Music Home
Posted By: jford Yes, I Know I Can User RealBand, But... - 01/06/24 09:19 PM
It seems that in PowerTracks Pro 2024 Build 3 (and maybe older versions as well, but haven't tried it), you can't load the BIAB VST2 plugin. Sure, I can use RealBand, but was trying to use the plugin in PowerTracks like I would in a different DAW.

It doesn't load it at all during a folder scan of VST plugins, and trying to load it individually (manually), Trying to load it it manually gives a:

Check - 559038737 - - 559026163 - 0 - 0 error, and then I have to close PowerTracks with task manager, because the error just keeps popping up over and over each time I press OK.

Maybe someone else could try it.
Posted By: rharv Re: Yes, I Know I Can User RealBand, But... - 01/06/24 10:24 PM
How current is your copy of BiaB VST2 plugin?
I don't yet have PT 2024 to test
Thanks, I can duplicate that. We will look into it.
Posted By: jford Re: Yes, I Know I Can User RealBand, But... - 01/10/24 02:28 AM
RHARV, It was the most recent VST2 version from BB2024 and the most recent PTPA2024 build.
The plugin used to work in RB/PT. For example, there happens an older version dated 01/08/2021 that happens to be sitting in a C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\BB folder on my hard drive that works (although for some reason BB playback in the plugin is distorted), but the latest one doesn't work at all. I don't know exactly what version of the plugin stopped working in PT/RB, but that message is displaying during a callback function, and it indicates an opcode and index that are both way out of range.

I am hoping that the programmer in charge of the plugin can eventually figure out why this occurs in RB/PT and fix it in the plugin itself. No other VSTi plugins are having this issue with RB/PT. Even if that message were suppressed entirely, the current version of the BB plugin still won't work in RB/PT. Nothing has changed in RB/PT, it's the something that has changed regarding the plugin itself from what I'm seeing. Thanks.
Posted By: jford Re: Yes, I Know I Can User RealBand, But... - 01/14/24 07:07 PM
Thanks Jeff. Hopefully Adar will figure it out.
To bad we can't get VST3 to work in RB/PT?! Yeah Jeff i know you already explained it to me. Just think about it. If BiaB is going VST3 soon RB/PT should as well.
The issue of the BB plugin crashing was fixed in 6.1.8 which is included in the new build 1111 update of BBW.
Posted By: jford Re: Yes, I Know I Can User RealBand, But... - 04/08/24 10:10 PM
Just tried it. When I loaded the plugin, PTPA just closed. Then I tried it again, loaded the plugin, and it looked okay, but when I clicked to select a style, PTPA just closed. Then I tried it again. This time, the plugin loaded, I was able to select a style and input a chord progression, and copy it to the individual tracks and play back.

So, thank you! Seems to work now, but took a few tries to get there.
© PG Music Forums