PG Music Home
Posted By: panworks PT freezes, Elastique issue - 12/29/23 03:45 PM
I have been having a recurring problem with PowerTracks freezing and getting a yellow dialogue which says there is a problem with Elastique. Any ideas what is causing this or how to fix it? Thanks.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: PT freezes, Elastique issue - 12/29/23 07:12 PM
In order to troubleshoot this, please tell us (1) your version and build of PowerTracks, and (2) specifically when this is happening. In other words, are you able to get it to happen by following a specific sequence of steps? Also, under the Help menu | Show log of flash messages. Paste in the the most recent part of this text file - this might have useful information.
Posted By: panworks Re: PT freezes, Elastique issue - 12/29/23 10:18 PM
I am using PT 2023 (1) 64 bit windows 10 It happens randomly when playing the file. file includes midi and audio
Message upon freeze up:
Elastique froze when processing data. Rebooting the program is strongly recommended. If this persists, then uncheck Use Elastique checkbox in the Audio Settings dialog
What data is it processing? From what I understand, Elastique has something to do with stretching audio and pitch shifting. I have not stretched anything. I did change the pitch of a couple of notes in a midi track a few sessions ago. so I am not sure why it would affect playback now and it did not freeze in the last couple of sessions.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: PT freezes, Elastique issue - 12/30/23 01:01 AM
As far as I know, it would be used when time stretching or pitch shifting a region of audio, changing the tempo of your song, playback with RealDrums, and harmony features. It wouldn't have anything to do with changing the pitch of MIDI notes.

What are the dates of the Elastique files in the pt\data\libx64 folder?

Checking the Elastique setting in the audio settings window is probably good advice, and shouldn't have any negative impact. If you DO time stretch audio / change tempo, you could get better results if you enable that setting prior to doing so. Another thing to try is Edit | Track | Consolidate.
Posted By: panworks Re: PT freezes, Elastique issue - 12/30/23 02:28 AM
Thanks for the info. the elastique files are as follows

dllelasticpro.dll 8/22/2018
dllelastiquepro3.dll 11/25/2019
elastiqueharmony.dll 5/16/2021
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: PT freezes, Elastique issue - 12/30/23 10:12 PM
Thanks - those appear to be the correct / latest files.. If there is any info in the log (Help menu | View Flash message log), or if an error log is generated when it crashes, or if there is a specific file that causes it to happen, that would be helpful. In the mean-time I would suggest just unchecking that setting.
© PG Music Forums